Current WIPs

Third one was bigger–between a full size and a queen–for my son and his wife.

image.jpg

A large queen size for my daughter and her husbeast.

image.jpg

Full size for a close friend.

image.jpg

Gorgeous!!

These are all very inspiring!!! I have never tried a “quilt as you go” - never heard of them until just recently. Must investigate. :slight_smile:

@ronsmysharona you had questions on posting pictures - I thought I would share this “how to’s” thread :slight_smile:

How To’s and FAQ’s

If need additional help getting around let me know!!

Those all look like a ton of fun to make. Do you whip stitch your finished hexies together? I’ll bet they look neat on the back too.

I like the way contrasting border of each hexie, it adds dimension. The colors in this one remind me of the crazy quilts women used to make in the late 1800’s - early 1900’s. Do you ever finish the sides with half hexies?

Beautiful!

This is lovely and so is she!

You have one lucky family!

Gorgeous!

Wow, you do beautiful work.

@FreedomLover Thanks!!

@Char Thank you! My sister got me addicted to them. Long arm quilting by machine kind of intimidates me, and I don’t really have any where right now to set up any of my FOUR sewing machines, so knowing that, she sent me a bunch of hexies cut out already. Also knowing i wouldn’t be able to let them go to waste. lol. That’s why I started doing them by hand. And really, if you think about it, by the time I would get my sewing machine set up and put away every time I wanted t work on it, the sewing by hand is just as fast as machine. And it’s portable because each ‘patch’ is done independently of all the others–and then you sew them all together. :wink:

@FreedomLover Thanks! :wink:

@Char Thanks!

I’m working on a modular knitted shawl. It’s using two yarns: Tosh merino light and Rowan Kid silk spray (70/30 Super Kid Mohair/Silk). So far I’ve finished two large divided squares, and nearing the completion of the third. I’m going to fill them in with triangles of the mohair yarn.

It’s an original design, and makes good Tv knitting. I’ll be looking for some testers in the coming weeks, after it’s done. Message me if you’re interested.

On a somewhat related note, I don’t know what the “Super” is for in super kid mohair. A quick internet led me nowhere. Any ideas why it’s super? Just for marketing purposes?

c7364238d034ddc9c33e1e6916b8d4e5jpg.jpg

This is beautiful!!

This is really lovely. I can’t tell you what makes it super, I’d never wondered about that before now. Excellent question.