Current WIPs

I finished the block I was working on using a new to me method of paper piecing with freezer paper. If anyone is interested I do have the link to the method and the pattern. I don’t know if I actually liked this method better, there is no tearing but I don’t think it is as perfect as other methods. I did prove to myself again that the old grocery store freezer paper is the best. I tried using the sheets I had and they were not good, you really need paper you can depend on for this method.

Xn36dbJ7TNSjIb+gDCCLvw.jpg

@Mjoans This is gorgeous!

Nice work and your photo is excellent. Very pretty!

Your block is lovely!!!

Thank you, there is nothing like the accuracy of paper piecing!

I love this! And yes, I’d like it if you could post the link to the method with freezer paper. Thanks!

I love seeing all these wips!! Mine is no longer a wip but finished…just the other day. This is a the 2018 Project Linus challenge quilt…and it was indeed a challenge. I’m happy I made it and am looking forward to making something a bit simpler…I LOVE log cabin quilts (I made one for my son’s 30th birthday which was in Jan.)

31309f9b25a262ec4680444c6c8e73e4jpg.jpg

Wow! Imagine the comfort this will bring the recipient.

I love it we get to see all these wonderful projects–not just knit, crochet, etc.

@FreedomLover Thank you so much!! I wasn’t sure how to reply to your comment! Still much to learn here. :wink:

I couldn’t agree more! I love it all!

Yes, but it’s such a happy place to be learning new things.

This is so pretty! I haven’t done paper piecing for a while and have only used regular paper…no, I take that back. I bought foundation paper a few years ago which was shear enough to copy a design on, strong enough to sew thru and light enough to tear easily.

@FreedomLover I couldn’t agree more!!

And I’m wondering, is there a way to comment within a comment?

Yes, at the bottom right hand corner of the post.

@Sings4joy You can’t comment within a comment, but you can comment within the same post and tag the other person who commented. That person will get notification that you mentioned them and clicking the link in their message will bring them to your comment.

Just to clarify, posts here aren’t nested like they were on the other site (if you used it very much).

To comment within a comment I think a lot of us are just making a another comment within the original reply, but using the @ symbol in front of the recipient’s name so that they will get a notification to go look at the added remark. So, for instance, for you to reply to this, you would hit the comment button that goes with your reply #22 and put @ in front of my name. I hope someone will correct me if I have this wrong!

I just wanted to say that everyone’s quilts in progress are so beautiful. You are all so talented. @Knittrnurse That blue/aqua and orange color combo is one of my favorites. Plus, I love dinosaurs! That’s going to be a fantastic quilt!

@Carlota Ok, here goes my test reply :slight_smile:

ETA Hey, it worked!!

Thank you!! It worked :slight_smile: