Crochet Pictures/Projects Shared Here

The colors are amazing, I love it!!

Thank you @FreedomLover & @DJM. The burgundy and teal are the colors of the last two classic cars my nephew was restoring at the time. I wasn’t sure about the combination at first, but it grows on you.

This took my breath away! I love the colors. I didn’t think they were odd or needing growing at all!

@Char @knitter131 Thank you!

@pinesprairie That is stunning! Glad to hear that you did the smaller one in WW bc you are right again, SD is cold in the winter time and seniors might like the extra weight. The fact that there are no holes makes it draft proof as well. I’ll reconsider the one you posted before with an eye to using up some of my #4 WW yarn.

Thanks for sharing that beautiful blanket with us. You are an inspiration

Just beautiful!!

Thanks @Kathy7661, it’s already a few years old, but just goes to show that these big blankets can last and last!

@susanwayne Thank you kindly. I’m glad you found it to be of use. Enjoy your next make!

@DJM @pinesprairie What stitch are you referring to when you say "…

The linked C2C crochet.

@DJM :} Do you have a link to the linked c2c crochet? I couldn’t seem to find anything.

Try this https://www.clearlyhelena.com/linked-c2c-crochet-no-holes-corner-to-corner-crochet-how-to/

@DJM Thank you so much. I was in a brain freeze focused on c2c and not relating the technique to the linked stitches. Once I saw what she was doing on the link you provided, I knew exactly what you and PinesPrairie were referring to. I’ll have to try that for my next C2C but I prefer doing HDC for my graphs rather than dc. I can link them as well. Good information!

Glad I could help. I’ve never done linked stitches so it ill be a learning curve for me.

@DJM I sometimes use linked stitches at the chain 3 & turn. I have tried several methods to avoid the gap caused by the chain next to a real dc. I tried the ch 2 & turn but that also left that gap. I sometime use the NO chain & turn, then a sc into that same final stitch from the row below with another sc on top of that SAME stitch. This in effect fills up the space and makes the first stitch look more like a real DC. Thanks for reminding me about linked stitches.

@susanwayne @DJM That is exactly the place I found “no holes” C2C. It works beautifully for me.

Overall, I’d guess I use linked stitches more than 50% of the time in all patterns. It eliminates the space between anything taller than sc and makes a solid fabric and people say they like it better than “crochet” (they are thinking knitting has no holes but crochet does).

Do give it a go, it’s a simple switch to make and like anything else, once you do it a few times it becomes very natural.

I am going to give it a try. I haven’t used it extensively, but it looks like a good idea. Thanks for encouragement.

I’m going to give it a try after allergy season so I can concentrate.

This is brilliant! So glad I found this thread and this sketch! You’ve really got my creative juices flowing now. Thanks for sharing.

All the beautiful work on here, and the very handy tips - I can’t believe I didn’t spot this thread before!