Crochet Pictures/Projects Shared Here

@susanwayne I saw a previous post about how nice everyone’s work is here. Please. please don’t feel like yours is “not good enough” or something. I felt (still do) that way about posting my things as well as I’m very far from an expert amongst all these real experts. But I finally realized that people here just appreciate what others make and they really are about helping or encouraging or supporting other crafters. I finally got over my aversion and am not as hesitant to post. So post away, we love to see what you make!

I also have an idea that may or may not work for you I’ve learned scrappy doesn’t always have to mean looking scrappy. I’ll try to escribe it well enough.

I lay out all my scraps and organize them from least to most. Divide each color into 4 equal parts. Start with the least amount color and use it on the smallest rounds.

When the amount can no longer make a full round, I start doing this (hopefully you can see it). It’s still scrappy but looks organized and I can use up fairly small scraps that way.

It does take a little more planning and you certainly have more ends, but it can look planned instead of scrappy. It also takes more time so it all depends on whether you have a deadline or not.

And I’m excited to see what your next blanket will look like, please do post a pic!.

Organized Scrappy.jpg

Lol @pinesprairie - yup - you have your posting and crafting mojo going!

@pinesprairie I love that idea! It would work for when I have parts of skeins left over but not for the odd little balls I usually have. Great sketch of what you mean. It could even be done as a Ten Stitch I think, either knit or crochet.

Can’t thank you enough for posting this, in thought and in deed (your sketch.) Now I have to re-think my leftovers.

Great group we have here, don’t you think? So willing to think about issues for others and offer helpful information.

My lapghan now waiting for winter.

DSCN5905.JPG

Love your colors. C2C? Someone is going to be warm and snugly on the sofa this winter. Thanks for sharing the picture of your work.

Thank you. Yes C2C, I started with Bernat Pop Iipstick on your collar colorway and added some baby pink,dusty grey and berry red.

I love the colors you chose. I remember seeing a “smaller holes” version of the corner to corner - is this the one you used?

@Char I tend to go down a hook size or 2 from what the yarn recommendation is.

That’s a good little trick @DJM, I hadn’t thought of that. I don’t care for the holes in C2C but in addition to the “no holes” version, just might give this a try. I usually have to go up a couple sizes as I crochet tight but using the recommended would work.

I really like the way this looks (waaarrrm!)

@susanwayne, you are welcome. People’s willingness to actually help with things is part of what makes this such a great place to be!

I’ll toss in my two cents. I am working on a blanket right now doing C2C method but using HDC rather than DC. It makes for a tighter fabric and allows for better detailing. I think I read/saw someplace where you can also do this technique with the linen stitch but I don’t think you could use it for a graphgan.

Great idea, thanks.

Thanks, I like that one too. I like C2C because it’s fast so will give it another go!

This is really lovely and will brighten a dreary winter day.

@susanwayne I found the other pattern I was thinking of.

https://lookatwhatimade.net/crafts/y…nghan-pattern/

Thank you! I like the way you think. :} This is a good one, but I want to use up scraps of #4 WW weight yarn and the linen stitch might make the lap blanket (for an Elder or Vet) too heavy? I’ll save the pattern for when I have a lot of #3 yarn to use up but not in baby colors.

I really appreciate your digging around and finding both of those patterns for me. Are you looking to become a PI? You’re a real sleuth! lol

LOL, you’re very welcome. I’ve used this one a couple of times, both out of WW. One was a lapghan at a Care Center, the other closer to a twin size. The feedback I got from the Care Center was that it was a favorite - no holes, nice and heavy for winter here in the north. Of course, that could be because the elderly always feel cold here (and there too, I’d bet).

I don’t always remember to take a picture of things I donate so don’t have one of the lap blanket but found one of the larger one and thought I’d share.

Restoration 1.jpg

Stunning!