August 2021 Chatter

We talk about all kinds of things on our Fiberkind Zoom Chats. One of our topics today was gnomes! I think I morphed from discussing my tomato plants growing up and out of my 5 ft. tomato cages to fun craft projects to make from the cheap tomato cages.

Here’s a good website that describes how to make the gnomes using a tomato cage and evergreen branches.

https://www.hometalk.com/diy/decorate/christmas/tomato-cage-christmas-gnomes-44090290

I suggested we have a Gnome-along for the holidays! I need to find a tomato cage before they are all gone from the stores.

A potato for the nose! I love it!!!

@lovestostitch we discussed having a gnome make along. I think it would be fun!!! Anyone else interested?

I checked online to see if the hardware store had any tomato cages left and they do! I already asked hubby to get one for me. He’s been there every day this week. He’s working on building a screening fence for our ugly pool equipment.

Lucky girl on that free yarn! You always do such beautiful work. That stocking is amazing. Can’t wait to see that finished llama. I wouldn’t have the patience. Lol

It’s beautiful! Someday hopefully I’ll get a chance to learn to spin.

How fun! I don’t know if I’ll find a cage at this point but I’ll have a look around next time i get to town.

I’m definitely in for making some sort of gnomes. I have some cute knit and crochet gnome patterns.

Love needlepoint!

What a labor of love on the stocking it is so awesome. The llama is coming out so cute. Wonderful on scoring free yarn.

I love how it turned out. Beautiful colors!

Gnomes are so cute and mischievous and we could use a few around here. I’ll find some crochet pattern to use.

I’ve never done a make long. I’d be up for trying something new. Can someone tell me what is required? Is it just find a pattern, make your own interpretation of a gnome and share the FO by some date? Do you share progress too?

@K2-Tog we generally go pretty simple here at FiberKind. We can help you find patterns, but I don’t like to “restrict” anyone to anything in particular.

Shall we “name” August as gnome month or wait until September to give everyone time to find supplies, patterns, supplies, etc?

We’re already a week gone in August. I’d vote September.

Got it… just make a gnome. Sounds like fun! Thanks @Char

September sounds great!

My plan is to make an evergreen gnome to sit on my porch for the holidays. The right time to do that is late November/early December.

I also vote September, still need to find the right pattern, and need some poly fill…….