April - Safe at Home

@PurlgirlButtons - a word of caution about using Zoom. I was thinking of using it too for my knitting group but there are some questions about its security.

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/features/zoom-safe-hack-how-secure-encryption-a9440461.html

@rkennell - the same :slight_smile:

I love most colors. But my absolute favorite is Orange. So cheerful.

How are you all doing? What are you working on?

Today I am back at my loom making towels!!!

F0D2B4DF-802C-4A9A-97B0-FC42F96D317E.jpeg

Looking good!

What do you use - yarn or more like crochet thread?

I started a wrap (capelet?) to wear when the AC is on full blast somewhere this summer. This is Trinity stitch, so I’ll knit at least four rows each day.

20200403_162731.jpg

I am using a thinner cotton (I think it is considered 8/4 cotton) for the “warp” - The strings that go forward and backward. It is thin like doily cotton but softer. I am using I love this cotton for the “weft” - the left to right strands.

Very pretty - is that the green yarn you showed us in the sock knitters thread?

Yes, it’s the Pima Cotton in the color Celery.

It looks great and like it’s so much fun. I am curious, is the fabric really flexible like regular towels or a little more stiff like a table runner or placemat?

So pretty, I really like that color.

I find it soft and flexible. :slight_smile:

I’m sending masks to my daughter, SIL and grandson. These masks are made so that different ties or elastic can be threaded through the side slot. I was afraid elastic wouldn’t survive hot washes so this way it can easily be replaced.

I’m also working on my short cut Fairy Dancer socks.

FF0481D8-EBF4-4B36-87E1-35742BB0073B.jpeg

CEB00F76-CBE8-4E69-9C46-E2E9A6E3C65E.jpeg

Thank you, I love soft greens.

I have trouble choosing one color. So my favorite color is more of a theme. I explain it as Where the redwoods meet the ocean.
That atmosphere I find the most relaxing and the most appealing.
Although I know Big Foot could be behind me. ;o)

Well done! That is a wonderful gift for them!

So, I’m trying to remember what yarn you used–was it something like Peaches N Cream? Or was it something smaller than that?

That looks so comfy! Nice work.

Finally took my first 2 dish towels off the loom! Now I’m trying to decide what needs to be done next! (more dishtowels, a nice soft shoulder wrap, dishcloths, something with some pattern?) I’m thinking about weaving a tote bag/large purse from handspun Lincoln longwool, but I may need to do more spinning for that to happen!

20200404_084903.jpg

20200404_084942.jpg