April - Safe at Home

Knitting something… even smaller items… can be very satisfying!
:slight_smile:
Pace yourself, and don’t overdo.
:slight_smile:

I have this wonderful sweater sitting on my coffee table gathering dust. I also want to make my grandson some more socks.
I think I should dust, too!

LOL, the sweater has protected the table-top from dust.
Dusting done!
:wink:

I was in a funk last week, so I spent time looking at patterns, then yarn, then patterns. I had no WIP’S at all! Finally I grabbed some yarn and made a couple of scarves, mindless crochet. Char even offered to deliver yarn from her yarn store. Finally I got past it. Keep trying, as our knit and crochet can truly be our yoga and meditation these days

I just warped about 15 feet last night to do a bunch of towels. :slight_smile:

I am so glad we are inspiring you - qfknit is right - don’t overdo, but definitely allow it to be uplifting.

It’s coming along nicely!

Thank you!

Very nice!

They are so pretty!!! Are you using the same kind of yarn for the next batch? Or are you using 8/2 for warp and weft?

That looks so snuggly!

It does look like a quilt!

These ladies are all so right! The Internet has tons of great sources of inspiration! But my problem is, I find myself wasting some pretty precious crafting time just looking at other people’s projects, so I make myself shut off the computer and go get to crafting! There’s nothing like getting that first step going that inspires you! So get your inspiration, then get some real yarn in your hands–it’s amazing what tactile therapy can do for you! :slight_smile:

Beautiful! Think how cozy this will be to curl up under.

I’m glad you’re feeling inspired again, knitting is helping me so much right now, as is watching some of the classes on Bluprint. Spend some time with your stash and see what speaks to you.

So - I need something different to think about. What is everyone’s favorite color? Any particular reason why? :slight_smile:

Mine? Green. I believe the reason is when I was a teen, I was reading a book (I want to say it was A wrinkle In Time, but I could be wrong), and in the book a young man told a young lady “brown eyed blondes look good in green”. Being a brown eyed blonde, green quickly became my favorite color. LOL

I am getting ready to do a virtual Knit/Chat/Pray with my friend Mabel via Zoom. She’s joining me at 10:30 EST (Thursday April 2) . If anyone is interested in joining, Message me. I don’t post the link publicly. :wink: I’ll probably be on there until about noon.

@Char - impressionable youth! So glad the author gave GOOD advice! :slight_smile:

@TexasPurl - like you, my favorite color has changed over the years. :slight_smile:
When I was young, I loved a combination of yellow and pink - - the Chicago “Peace” Rose.
After “having my colors done” I gravitated to jewel tones - - especially shades of ruby and garnet (reds) and sapphire blue.
(LOL, is it any wonder I immerse myself in patriotic combinations of Red, White, and Blue…?)
Deep Teal is also a favorite.

@knitter131 - ahhh, blue! I love a swimming-pool blue and a deep india-ink, indigo shade of blue. :slight_smile:

My favorite colors, interpreted in a palette of yarns:

1. reds - Hobby Lobby “I Love This Yarn” in Red Tweed
  2. teal - Hobby Lobby “I Love This Yarn” in Teal Stonewash Print
  3. blues - Red Heart Boutique “unforgettable” in the colorway Dragonfly (which I might have named Peacock) :wink:

My favorites are blues and greens, I can’t pick just one.

My favorite color really depends on the purpose - painting a wall or in clothes. In clothes I love teal and different shades of pink.