April 2021 Chatter

Happy Easter, Fiberkinders!

Good morning and happy Monday!

What are you guys working on? I’m back home and back on my sewing machine. I sure missed it! I just finished one quilt top. Will have to figure out what the trim and backing will be. :). Will post a pic later when it is finished.

My weekend progress on the Scrappy Helical Socks, . was able to do a lot of car knitting and family time knitting going to the Cape and Rhode Island this weekend, They look different sized, but it’s just the camera angle. But I woke up today with a ring finger joint in my right hand hurting today and I don’t know why, because it’s never happened before. I also did a little bit of crochet Saturday, with some of my early handspun which was a little bit on the stiff side, so perhaps it was a delayed reaction from that. I made a set of coasters. They aren’t finished or blocked, but it’s going to have to wait (for my hand.)
[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: IMG_3703.JPG Views: 0 Size: 130.3 KB ID: 95086”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“95086”,“data-size”:“small”}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: IMG_3704.JPG Views: 0 Size: 119.7 KB ID: 95085”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“95085”,“data-size”:“small”}[/ATTACH]

Happy belated Easter, though the message is a daily one isn’t it!!

I’ve got a couple of tips going; a sweater for myself (cables and blackberry stitch), a baby sweater for Pine Ridge, a baby hat (my purse project) and a cross stitch project.

Gorgeous!

Today I got my second shot.

Happy Easter Week everyone.

Happy Monday everyone.
I have several projects I could work on. I just have to see if I have the time and the desire to work on any of them.
The one that I have picked up the most lately is the current Marly Bird project. It is looking like a quilt block and I am so happy with myself for being able to do a few new techniques.
I won’t have enough yarn to make anything large. However, I am having fun. As often happens, I am running behind. I am still working my way through the week 1 ‘class work’. I think she will be on week 3 this week. (not really sure) I am following along using her You Tube channel.

Finally there’s some spring in the air - we still have patches of snow, but the snowdrops are already blooming :slight_smile:

Beautiful!!

Hope you are feeling ok :slight_smile:

Very pretty! Our daffodils are blooming this direction.

Ohhhhh, I really like those colors, on both the socks, and the coasters!

You know this might be a form of quilting i can do even in my limited space?

Those are looking great! I also love the colors. Kind of odd that it’s just the ring finger. I had to completely change the way I did knitting after nearly 30 years as a knitter because of pain issues. That was nearly 20 years ago now. Took getting used to but super glad I did.

I have a baby sweater going for Pine Ridge this week too. :grin:

Lovely!

I hope everyone had a beautiful Easter. I couldn’t go to a service with my knee as it is so I observed at home. Easter is the most special day of the year in my book.
This week I have the following on my needles… (What is this castonitis you speak of? I’m totally not suffering from that… I’m enjoying every minute! Lol)

1. Baby blanket
  2. Fair isle baby sweater
  3. Lace Cardy for me
  4. Helical socks for my size 14WW son :expressionless:
  5. Fingering wt 9 stitch blanket
  6. WW 9 st blanket

So, in our sock KAL, the color of the month is Scrappy. I think this pair definitely fits that description :blush:

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:95233}[/ATTACH]

Perfectly Scrappy. Perhaps Scrappy shadowed urban Camo. Shadowed urban camo is a real thing. There is a red sports car around here with every type of camo on it…crazy and over lapping and somehow it makes me smile every time.

Your socks made me smile. Maybe they are Happy Scrappy Socks.

I’d say so!