April 2020 - Sock KAL Chatter

Very nice, and your yarn is beautiful :relaxed:

Those are very pretty!

These are going to be beautiful.

I finally finished the pattern test I was doing so I can get back on some socks. I’m usually a toe up gal but I may try a pair of the Fairy Dancers; depends on what yarn I come up with. But first up I’ll be doing a blue pai r with my March sock yarn from knitcrate.

IMG_20200409_173534.jpg

Oh, that’s a beautiful Blue!

This is gorgeous yarn, do you have a pattern in mind?

Beautiful!!! :slight_smile:

Glad you finished the test knit. :slight_smile: I look forward to when you can show a picture

Pretty color!

Thanks y’all. You can’t tell in the photo but it’s sparkly! :relaxed:
I’ll be designing my own pattern for this yarn as they will be for Harmoni. She is the one with huge feet so patterns just don’t work.

I would never have thought to put those two colors together but it looks SO good!! I wish I was better at that.

I got my first Fairy Dancer all the way to the toes and decided it was too big. I frogged it back thinking shorter would help but it’s just too wide. It was the small size (66 stitches) so I needed to adjust the pattern. I have started over with 60 stitches. I thought the pattern was weird with 38 stitches on the top and 28 on the bottom. I couldn’t figure out in the pattern how they wanted you to balance the stitches for the toe. With 60 stitches, I’m deleting 4 stitches off each side of the pattern and keeping the stitches balanced top and bottom.

80A561A8-4340-45D3-845F-6F0733BC3B78.jpeg

I thought the stitch count was pretty high for small when I looked at the pattern. It looks really pretty though!

Thanks for sharing this, I’ll probably need to do the same.

Good tip! Yes, 66 stitches seems like a lot to me as well

Ooh I really do want to make some of those! I have some yarn in a similar color that I could make some Fairy Dancers out of maybe? Mines a bit more red and it’s a cotton sock yarn that I got to make my second youngest daughter some summer socks.

This is another pair for the youngest daughter with the huge feet. I’m actually using a pattern this time which I usually don’t with her because I have to make her on 76 sts. But this one went up to 72 so I just added 4 and I’m hoping the pattern doesn’t look too small on them. Thinking of adding a repeat of the little beginning and ending section of the chart…

IMG_20200411_180336.jpg

IMG_20200412_104329.jpg

Beautiful Blue! I often modify a pattern, either adding to the edges or the middle. I use 60 sts, so sometimes I modify to decrease.

Very pretty!!!

I love these.

Thank you both @Char and @FreedomLover :slight_smile: @knitter131 There really is no one size fits all socks. I think that’s why I got hooked on wearing and making handknit ones!