2021 Reading Challenge ?

The group follows the teachings of all the experts you mentioned. I didn’t want to overwhelm. Lol It’s called Let Food Be Thy Medicine. That group is the only reason I still have a Facebook account, to be honest. I hate fb. But the group was started by a very dear friend who asked me to keep the group going and true to the way he worked so hard to make it… no politics or religion, no selling, no pseudoscience and no excuses. He passed away from the consequences of a botched heart surgery years ago. He actually asked his Dr if he could really avoid surgery by changing what he eats as Dr Esselstyn and Ornish said. His Dr says, “Sure if you want to spend the rest of your life eating rabbit food. Or we can just get in there and get you fixed up right now.” My friend died before he was 60 years old. He had way better health and probably lived longer than he might have from changing his diet after the surgery. But he could easily have had many more years. However, he spread the message of how much you can change your health with what you eat to literally thousands of people before he passed. And I will keep my promise to keep the group true to his vision as long as I possibly can.

I think we might belong to the same church. I’m not able to attend right now but I’ve read The Doctrine and Covenants many times.

Knits With Horses, I bet we do attend the same church. We are not able to go inside our building for church here in So California. I miss it so much. This year we are reading D and C. Do you have the app? The logo for our church has been changed too. Have you seen it? Thank you for reaching out to me. Made me feel special.

Nice to have choices hereami

Good morning! Just a heads up - you need to put a @ symbol in front of someone’s name to tag them - if that is what you intend to do.

https://fiberkind.com/forum/new-members-start-here/42990-posting-tips has additional posting tips. :fk:

There appears to be two sites with the same name - one has a picture of berries in the header, the other has what appears to be like a take-out container with the words Let Food … which one?

@Joxgirl So True. This month I have choices…in a month or two I will be bored and looking for something new. …lol…that’s the way my brain works.

Btw… Welcome to Fiberkind.
I hope you like it here.

Thank you @KnitsWithHorses. Following this thread (I hope…lol…my notifications are messed up). How do we start a WFPB group here? I hate FB as well–I use an app to block everything political on it, and just follow some hobby/lifestyle groups, but still don’t like FB

It’s the one with 28,000 members. My group has a photo of veggies on the right and a green area with a description of the group on the left. First thing on the page is a pinned post from me. (Natalie Michaele Menges)

I used to have the app but didn’t really use it much. This is probably a good time to use it. I’ll download it again. Thanks for the reminder. :relaxed:

@annekepoot @dapncat and anyone else interested. I started a Topic in the “Off Topic” area here on Fiberkind. I LOVE the idea of a chat area for WFPB peeps here. FB is just getting uglier by the day.

I’ve finished my first book (tbh I started it last year, but finished today). So -
1: In the Footsteps of Alexander the Great by Michael Woods. Sort of a historical travelogue about Alexander. I love the photos of how the places look today, but I was hoping for more of the actual history. 3/5

And another I began before 1st January -
2: Snowblind by Ragnar Jonasson. Mystery set in Iceland. Great setting, but I didn’t take to the characters and found the solution depended too much on information the reader wasn’t privy to before the end. 2/5

[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“https://scontent-ort2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/129978931_10158148241359685_7136296932679607817_n.jpg?_nc_cat=105&ccb=2&_nc_sid=730e14&_nc_ohc=SqiUKaxMmHkAX9u7wpK&_nc_ht=scontent-ort2-1.xx&oh=e7a1771b94b5792b2b3cf49d942050f6&oe=60195168”}[/IMG2]

Hubby agrees!!

That’s how I felt about some of Agatha Christie’s books - many times there was something obscure that pointed to the culprit.

She did do it sometimes, and she got pulled up about it in The Detection Club - they had rules about no long-lost heirs, identical twins never referred to before and so on.

for me it was geometry, but I do agree!

1: The Sanctuary Sparrow, by Ellis Peters. No 7 in the Brother Cadfael series.

Glad to hear that others picked up on that - thought it was only me feeling hard done by that no mention had been made that the housekeeper’s nephew’s third cousin was really the landlord’s daughter and wanted revenge for not inheriting the mansion. See what I did there?