2020 Stashbusting MAL

If you need other help let me know.

I received this beautiful yarn from Ewe and Dye yarn shop @ElizabethClements sent me (Thank you!!!) It was the prize from the Sock Knitters United knit along from December.

I know it counts against my totals, but it is SOOOO worth it! So beautiful and soft. I definitely see some spring socks with this - maybe lacy spring socks.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:39154}[/ATTACH]

Oooh, yummy! Sometimes it’s so worth taking a hit on your numbers.

Next week I think you’ll be calling me moonie. Lol

:joy::joy: We’ll see. My friend told me she has a box full for me. I don’t know when it’ll get here. Washington State to Texas.

That is yummy!

@TexasPurl - mine is California to Indiana… It’s a race!!

It really is @lovestostitch - it really is! The picture doesn’t do it justice.

@Char, the yarn is beautiful! I too will have bad stashbusting numbers in my near future. Couldn’t pass up the Regia sale at Little Knits, Oh My Gosh!

Does the size of the skein matter? I used up an entire put up of a yarn but it was only 20gm/80yards. This is how it came to me, so is that 2 points or 1??

The size of the skeins doesn’t matter.

@lovestostitch chose the perfect word - yummy. I can’t wait to see the socks.

Thank you! @TexasPurl

I am going to try to finish some skeins before today is up. A little slow going (wonder why - HA!) :fk:

@FreedomLover - I copied @TexasPurl. She called it yummy.

Oh @Char, @ElizabethClements just has the best yarn! I’m excited to see what you make.

@Char - you knitted all that plus took over the site? Did you sleep? I think we should give points for sleeping! I might win then. :slight_smile:

@lovestostitch - well, that WAS before I decided to take over our crafty home. That week I was on vacation from my day job, lots of travel time in the car - you know - lots of free time to knit or crochet.

I haven’t slept much since the decision was made (or considered), nor have I knit much, but I am actually going to do that here shortly. Family and time this evening. :slight_smile:

I received a prize of a ball of yarn -1

@TexasPurl - I don’t understand why a new skein of yarn = -2 but a new ball of yarn is -1. Is it supposed to be a quantity difference? I’m not sure what you would call my prize. I wouldn’t call it a skein or a ball. It is kind of like a wound cake except it’s oval.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:39294}[/ATTACH]

My understanding is a new package of yarn (skein, hank, etc) is 2 points, not new, partially used items are 1 point. When you use a new item part way and wind the rest into a ball for later use, you get one point. Then when you use up the ball you made it is the second point.

The points are the same plus/minus. If someone gives you or you buy a new skein, hank, etc it is -2. If someone gives you a partially used leftover portion it is -1.

Thanks @Char! You’re spot on with the point explanation.

@lovestostitch - Congratulations on your prize! I love the colors in that yarn.