2020 Stashbusting MAL

This is just the motivation I need to get started again! I’ve been in a fiber funk for a couple months now but I’ve got tons of stashed yarn. This sounds like a fun way to break my funk and clear out some odd ball yarn!

Welcome!

LOL - I really like your user name.

Welcome to the fun!!!

Welcome! You could join a make along to help inspire you too. What do you like to knit/crochet?

I found you again! lol, Guess now I can unjoin on fiberocity

We’re so happy you found us!

Thanks so much! I love to Crochet mandalas, blankets, pillows, amigurumi, just about anything. I’m a novice knitter but have successfully made scarves and finger-less gloves. I also weave on a Rigid Heddle Loom. Mostly shawls and rugs at this point but when I have some time, I’ll experiment further with that.

Yesterday I used a little over half a skein of Caron Simply Soft to make this Hat from a free pattern I found on Moogly called “The Ivy Hat” by Maria’s Blue Crayon. I balled the leftover yarn. Not sure if there’s enough for another hat. I’m pretty sure I used over half the skein. Anyway, here’s my first FO of 2020!

beautiful!!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

The hat is lovely and the color is so pretty.

I knitted 200g of yarn (white cardigan), which gives me 4 points. No purchase this week, although today I received a t-shirt yarn for the pouf. But I bought it 2 weeks ago.

WTD +4 YTD +4

Great hat & beautiful color!

Great idea! My plan is to knit at least a half of my current stash or =5 kg. And of course to buy less yarn (no more than 0,5 kg a month).

I have some of that color! Maybe I will make a hat with it as well :blush:

Which shade of simply soft was that? I have quite the collection, and am always looking for colors I may not have yet lol

Just found this challenge. Good thing I can start at the Jan 1 number. DIL gave me a full tote of yarn at Christmas. Basically she tripled my stash!! I only count things when they are totally used up, so that means +2 when I finish the ball, cake, skein and -2 when my monthly fiber club arrives. Is there a way to count fiber turned into yarn. or is it neutral and I can just count the balls used when I use the handspun??

We’re happy you found us!

If the fiber is already in your stash, I wouldn’t count the skeins you spin as added stash. However, if you get additional fiber, when you spin it, it’s adding to your stash.

O good! Same DIL gave me a full box of fiber. I gave some to a granddaughter, but it about doubled my fiber stash. I just finished spinning some up today!!

Also can someone tell me how to put those comments that appear at the end of some members posts?? I figure that is a good way to keep track.

@crosstitchlinda I tagged you in a tutorial I did a while back - can you see if that helps? :slight_smile:

@Char got it Thank You.