2020 Holiday Craft Along - Finished Thread

I finished a couple of washcloths, but I only took a “starting” photo for one of them. Oops. One point for starting, two points for finishing, and two points because both are going to charity.
Total = 5 points.

C2C Start.jpg

SFAC C2C 11-11.jpg

SFAC Christmas 11-11.jpg

Wonderful!!

It’s lovely!

Nice!

Great stitch definition, and really nice colors!

I wanted a nightstand placemat because my clock and electric blanket controller constantly slide off my nightstand. My first one was done before the holiday MAL so it doesn’t count for points.

Total: 2 points

Start date: Nov. 2

Finished project:

This is a picture of my first attempt. I like the frame but the edges curl like crazy. I’m going to try crocheting a border to see if it holds the edges down.

F17FE8A7-EF5E-4270-91C2-D8C834276865.jpeg

2EE09CE2-5443-45B6-ABBA-E0E2315DF87F.jpeg

4E980EAB-9871-47F9-9CFF-3FCC46C0A1FF.jpeg

@knitter131 - Even though I like the frame design, the garter stitch one is more substantial and stays in place better. I was thinking these would make nice placemats for the kitchen table. Sugar 'n Cream washes up so nicely.

I need to do something like this for my side table. The cats are Cindy’s knocking everything off of it because it’s so slippy. I actually like the look of the garter one better for some reason.

Does this count as one point for a finished object?

I added a double row of crocheted border. One row didn’t help - two helps but this guy wants to curl!

4DC69AD5-ED92-49AC-ACF2-71182A3D0148.jpeg

Sounds like you finished :slight_smile:

Love your work.
For half a second I thought I should make up something pretty for mine. Then I remembered…I have so many treasures and books on mine I wouldn’t be able to see the pretty just made…lol.

Time for me to clean off my nightstand. Thanks for the motivation.

@knitter131 - I used acrylic to make a smaller one to test if having something on there would keep the clock and blanket controller from sliding around. I did use a worsted weight. It turned out nice. After washing and drying the cotton, I think acrylic would be my recommendation for a nightstand cover but I would use the cotton for a kitchen table placemat. I think cotton for the kitchen placemats would be better because of hot dishes being set on them. The downside to the cotton is it was harder to get them totally dry after washing. My dryer didn’t sense enough moisture and kept shutting off but I thought they still felt damp and didn’t want to put them on a wooden surface. I ended up laying it on my wire closet shelf for a day to totally dry.

@lovestostitch yes, I’ve found the same problems with the cotton yarns. My kitchen and bath hand towels and cloths are all handmade with cotton. Makes for an extra half hour of drying time. I have some nice Dk weight that should work up good.

I started this scarf this morning, yarn is a soft sport weight, a granny style. Fun and quick to make. It will go to charity, our local homeless shelter.

3 points

16DEC0B5-B577-48CF-9EE2-ABCF3629B0FF.jpeg

FE6FBAE0-6EBF-4C85-BE6C-845550B8EEC0.jpeg

It is pretty!!

I love this!

2 Finished gifts, little denim stand-up coin pouches with a matching tether.

2 points, finished objects
2 points, gifts

IMG_2650.JPG

I love them!!

Yes, they do, that’s how I list them in my shop. I think that’s a hint for the prize thread!

So cute!