2020 Holiday Craft Along - Chatter Thread

@qfknit We will be building our own. I think it will be a cold day you know where before they start telling county Okies that they can’t burn trash, have a bonfire or campfire etc. There are high fire hazard times when we are not allowed to even cook out, but mostly they don’t care what we do out here.
This state is kind of stupid independent, for better or worse. It’s all decided county by county or by mayors. In my county we don’t even need building permits or electrical inspections or anything.

@KnitsWithHorses - if you started prior to 11/1 you won’t get the point for starting, but if you finished on or after 11/1 you can tally the rest of the points. :slight_smile:

@Char - I hadn’t noticed the “starting” point. Do we post a picture of our yarn on the finished thread and state our plan?

@lovestostitch - when it is finished you’ll do one post that has all of the requested pictures and a point tally. :slight_smile:

Any items that are not used for the church’s boxes will be sent on to the processing center to help fill boxes there. Some of the boxes may not be packed full when they arrive at the processing center, but they are when they leave. Extra items, such as mine, are used to finish the packing.

Oops…I just read the instructions in the FO thread, and I was supposed to take a picture before I started the current washcloth for charity.

Me too!!

@Steph - There’s no way they could have gotten extra items in my boxes :). I strategically packed them so I could squeeze in as much as possible. I can’t even imagine not having a full box. They fill up so quickly. It’s really nice that the processing centers have some extra things to put in skimpy boxes.

It’s all good - we trust you. Just take a pic now and “oops”, but count the point.

At FiberKind we are small enough we can be quite flexible I think. Hopefully we all agree.

@DJM @knitter131

I agree! :slight_smile:

@KnitsWithHorses I couldn’t agree more.

@KnitsWithHorses, thanks for the link. That is a great resource.
@lovestostitch, my Aunt really liked the coaster set I sent her made from my handspun. My handspun colors are all pretty “electric” so might not be good for that, but I am starting to lean toward fingerless mitts. PS; It was the same Aunt who is now in nursing rehab.!

Beautiful pattern!

So I want to use these two yarns for a hat and possibly cowl or mitts for my daughter, Cheyenne, if there is enough. It’s over 400 yards of each in fingering weight. I would love to do the hat in brioche but a fingering wt brioche hat would take an awful lot of time. Any nice two color hat patterns y’all can recommend?

20201102_153828.jpg

Whatever pattern you choose it will be beautiful!

Thanks @DJM :relaxed: These are really pretty yarns. I’ve been itching to use them.

Hmmm - I’m thinking if I can do an entire shawl brioche, you can do a hat.

Who knows - you might have enough for a hat and a cowl!

Here is an update if my temperature blanket. :slight_smile:

16D09512-F54B-49EE-BB27-E0C56DA264A0.jpeg

Wow, look at those color changes!!

Looks beautiful!