2020 50 Book Challenge ?

[SIZE=14px] My February 2020 Books

1. The Thin Man by Dashell Hammett - Mystery, Thriller & Suspense
  2. One Hex of a Wedding: A Chintz 'n China Book by Yasmine Galenorn - Cozy Mystery
  3. Murder at Mistletoe Manor by Holly Tierney-Bedord - A Mystery Novella
  4. Murder at University - DI Hillary Greene Book 2 by Faith Martin - Crime Mystery
  5. Murder of the Bride - DI Hillary Greene Book 3 by Faith Martin – Crime Mystery
  6. Horror in the Highlands - A Reverend Annabelle Dixon Book 5 by Alison Golden and Jamie Vougeot – Cozy Mystery[/SIZE]
  1. Birthmarked…Caragh M. O’Brien (Audio) Sci-Fi/Dystopia 3.5/5

19: Lovecraft Unbound edited by Ellen Datlow. Horror short stories. 3/5
20: The Murder at the Vicarage by Agatha Christie. An old favourite mystery.

#3 The Grammarians by Cathleen Schine. “An enchanting, comic love letter to sibling rivalry and the English language.

What did you think of it? Would you recommend it to others?

21: Dragonlance Tales by Tracy Hickman and Margaret Weiss. An omnibus of three fantasy short story collections. 3/5

1. Cottage By the Sea D. Macomber. 4/5
  2. Elementary, She Read #1 Vicki Delany 4/5

I read another one…but forgot to write it down. It was about having poise, style and grace. I laughed my way thru it as I read the simple instructions to brush my teeth and apply products if I was stinky. Also said if I was a small framed woman not to wear a big hat or I would look like a lamp. lol…it didn’t say much about us fuller figured women…except we need to loose weight. It was an older book.

22: Death on the Cherwell by Mavis Doriel Hay. Mystery set on 1920s Oxford. 4/5

1. Cemetery Road…Greg Iles (Audio) Mystery set in present day small town Mississippi. 3.5/5

This had so much potential, but 23 hours is a very long listen with unlikable characters.

23: The Day Watch by Sergei Lukyanneko. Russian dark fantasy, sequel to Night Watch. 3/5

1. First Evidence…Ken Goddard (Audio) Mystery 3/5
  1. But Not Forgotten…BJ Bourg Mystery 4.5/5
  1. Murder at the Vicarage A.Christie 4/5
  2. Nerves of Steel by Captain Tammie Jo Shults 4/5 (Among other things, She emergency landed a passenger airplane in Philly. )

1. The Nightingale by Kristin Hannah
  2. The Magic Hour by Kristin Hannah
  3. Daughter of a Daughter of a Queen by Sarah Bird
  4. The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse by Charlie Mackesy.
  5. The Tattooist of Auschwitz by Heather Morris. It is based on a true(ish) story of 2 survivors of Auschwitz.
  6. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory by Roald Dahl
  7. Hillbilly Elegy by J. D. Vance
  8. THE YARN OF THE MITTEN by R.L. Jessop. An OK historical fiction story of early Michigan pioneers. Sadly, it is poorly written AND poorly edited.
    There is some interesting history in it not only about the beginnings of Michigan State but about the Civil War.
  9. I am Margaret by Corina Turner—Youth, dystopian fiction.
  10. Private London by James Patterson

IMG_20200321_185032.jpg

IMG_20200321_190937.jpg

IMG_20200321_185111.jpg

Picture 1263.jpg

IMG_20200722_230930_kindlephoto-8047173.jpg

1. In the Heart of the Fire (Nameless Book 1)…Dean Koontz (Audio) Technothriller 4/5

29: The Encyclopedia of American Indian Mythology edited by David Jones, 3/5

1. Photographing the Dead (Nameless Book 2)…Dean Koontz (Audio) Technothriller 4/5
  2. The Praying Mantis Bride (Nameless Book 3)…Dean Koontz (Audio) Technothriller 4/5

30: Salvation of a Saint by Keigo Higashino. Japanese mystery. 4/5

31: Sandman: The Doll’s House by Neil Gaiman. Fantasy graphic novel. 4/5

32: Mister B Gone by Clive Barker. Fantasy/ horror. 4/5. (been reading more lately, done everything I can do in the garden without going to the garden centre for stuff).