Yarn Sales (online or Big Box)

Yarnspirations is offering free shipping, no minimum, for a week! Check them out on our affiliate link - can someone paste the link here for convenience? Thanksich.

Mod edit:

It is actually today only. Here’s the affiliate link:

Yarnspirations

Drops has 40% off of their cotton yarn for the month of July: https://www.garnstudio.com/findasale.php?id=101&cid=17

@Reneelmt Do you have a favorite yarn there? I’ve tried a few with mixed results so would appreciate your thoughts.

@rkennell did you see this? :slight_smile:

@Char - thanks for the heads up. I didn’t see this earlier! I’ll check it out and see if I need anything. (Notice I said “NEED”–which could be subjective)

@pinesprairie this is my experience so far with drops cotton yarns.

Safran is one I have used for knitted sweaters a couple of times. it knits very nicely. and seems to age well.

I knit a partly lace sweater in Belle that turned out gorgeous. but I can’t make comment on how well it holds up in the long run, as I have only hand-washed it a couple of times.

Cotton Light I have used for a crochet purse that held up surprisingly well.

Muskat I have only used a little. but it is smooth, and seems very robust.

@Sommerfugl - did you find any of these would be good for towels or dishcloths?

@Sommerfugl, thanks very much for the info. Do you remember what you made with the Muskat? I just looked it up and it’s 100% mercerized cotton, DK weight so would probably try that one. I’m always after cotton.

@Char I have not made towels or dishcloths with any of these. though if I had a loom I would try Safran for towels.

@pinesprairie I recently made purses with it, with fabric linings. but they haven’t seen much use yet.

@pinesprairie I haven’t tried any of their yarns yet, I mostly just get patterns from them. Sorry I can’t help, but it looks like others have filled in the gap :slight_smile:

No worries, @Reneelmt I appreciate the heads up on the sale and always like a recommendation from actual users. Have a good day!

Ice yarns tuesday promotion (7/14) is cotton! Natural Cotton Worsted is on sale for 25 cents a skein, 1.99 for an 8 pack. Beautiful colors! Check em out!

Char edit:

I hope you don’t mind - I’m going to include an affiliate link to their Tuesday Promotions! :slight_smile:

Screenshot_20200713-205050_Email.jpg

Thank you for the reminder - they do a Tuesday Promotion every week. It looks like their Natural Cotton Fine and baby cotton is also on sale! :slight_smile: Not sure if @TexasPurl needs any or not. :slight_smile:

Oops - That was the enabler in me, wasn’t it?

I’m off to check this out!

@Char ~ Nooooooooo!

Webs’ closeout sale incudes Wisdom Yarns Angora Lace, $9.99/100 gm skein.

https://www.yarn.com/products/wisdom-yarns-angora-lace?sku=WIS-ANGOLA-213

@TexasPurl - it’s still Tuesday!

So pretty! Have you used it before?

Good morning all from Melbourne, Australia.

I thought I would update you to a special yarn event being held in Australia this weekend. The Bendigo Sheep and Show ( the largest yarn event in the Southern Hemisphere) has been cancelled due to the Covid lockdown conditions.

But…you can’t keep a yarny down so there will be a Virtual Store held over 4 days where vendors such as myself can sell our yarn and other accessories. If you are interested in seeing what Australia has to offer take a look at the link below. There will be so many talented dyers it will be worth a look.

Stay safe everyone.

Liz
yarnsbythebay

www.thebigwoolshow.com
#thebigwoolshow