Yarn Sales (online or Big Box)

Webs is offering 29% of of their Valley yarns. https://www.yarn.com/categories/vall…-knitting-yarn

@qfknit - did you see Hobby Lobby has their 30% off all yarn sale this week? :slight_smile:

@Char - thanks for the heads-up! I did not notice… busy with some knitting and keeping up with election stuff… but I will definitely take a few moments to consider next projects in the line-up and see if I need to visit HL! Thanks again!

What’s your favorite Hobby Lobby yarn? What do you see a a good value (best bang for the buck)? Just curious what others people are thinking about when so many yarns are marked down.

@EllenDeKnitter - The yarn I prefer depends upon what I am making! :slight_smile:

I have recently set aside most personal projects to knit up hundreds of Americana Keyhole Scarves for friends, family, volunteers, organizers, canvassers, neighbors, fundraisers. (Free patterns available in several FiberKind posts, including the Marketplace > Free Patterns > Scarves.) For this project, I use lots of “I Love This Yarn” in worsted weight and “Yarn Bee” Baby Bee, Lou Lou. These scarves also use Red Heart SuperSaver Americana, which is not carried at Hobby Lobby.

I have also knit dozens of slippers, several prayer shawls, and a few afghans/throws using “I Love This Yarn.”

“I Love This Yarn” also comes in a sport weight which I have used for doll clothes and ornaments.

Thanks @qfknit - I agree that the yarn must suit the project! Thanks for the input on the yarns you choose at Hobby Lobby. Since you have used them and felt comfortable buying again, that’s a solid piece of info I can rely on!

Bluprint is having a 40% off their crafting supplies now through Sunday:

Bluprint sale

Does this include classes?

@rkennell … I see 50% off classes, at the link @Char provided :slight_smile:

At that link, I also see:

14 Days of FREE Family Fun
Turn downtime into craft time with free, unlimited access to family-friendly projects, classes and more!
Kudos to Bluprint for offering something for “downtime,” now while many kids may be home because of school closures related to COVID-19 and coronavirus… and families may be ‘social distancing’ or under ‘quarantine.’

@rkennell - yes!!! I started my free trial a couple days ago. $40 for a year after a two week trial. :slight_smile:

Thanks, @Char and @qfknit -I am heading there now! Can’t wait to try their weaving classes. I like having these classes to learn, especially when I live out in the middle of a corn field!

Hobby Lobby is having their 30% off All Yarn sale again… and free shipping over $50.00 if you don’t wish to get out of the house. :slight_smile:

Hobby Lobby

Knit Picks is having a 15% off sale sitewide (some exclusions apply). Code Spring15 Also - their Felici is still on sale 30% off (It seems as though the 15% reduces this even further, but no guarantees).

Knit Picks sale

Dick Blick is having a sale - 30% off if you spend more than $79.00, and free shipping over $45.00 - and they do still seem to be shipping! Through 4/1/2020 CST.

Dick Blick

After our local artist supply shop closed, I often purchased art supplies and paints from Dick Blick!
Always a good experience.
As I transitioned to knitting more and painting less… I don’t think I ever realized that Dick Blick sold yarn.
Thanks for mentioning this, @Char !
It’s like hearing the name of an old friend.
:slight_smile:

You are quite welcome. I was surprised by their selection for sure!

@qfknit , I thought the same thing when Char mentioned them! I’ve been to one of their stores several times with an artist friend, but never knew they sold yarn!

Bluprint is having an “up to 60% off” through Monday 5/25/20. I was eyeing some dyeable yarn at good prices. :slight_smile:

Shop Bluprint This Memorial Day!
(Contains an affiliate link)

Just a heads up - it appears mybluprint may be closing. That is the buzz on some of the groups I watch anyway. So - if you enjoy anything specific to Bluprint, you might consider stocking up.

I did order about 5 skeins of dyeables. At a little over 4 bucks a skein–it’s a decent deal (50 g skeins). This is at member price, of course.

Hey y’all! I’m having a yarn sale on my website this week: June 10-15. All fingering weight yarn is 15% off–no coupon required (discount applied at checkout). To check it out, visit www.cedarhillyarns.com.