Spin de Fleece 2021 - Pre-Tour Chatter

We always love show and tell … so bring on the photos :slight_smile: We even like in progress photos … :slight_smile:

Last year I watched the you tube recaps too. Usually you could watch them that evening if they raced in the morning… but sometimes you had to wait a day to watch the recap. I intend to watch those again… I’m too cheap … strike that … too frugal :slight_smile: to pay for the subscription to watch the full race, plus it is way too early in the morning … time difference is crazy. I do still have to work during the day :slight_smile:

My wool is all ready to go. only 150grams right now (just under 5 oz) I’m going to be spinning on spindles, and may or may not have much time to spin, so it should be more than enough. I’m working on plying some yarn at the moment, so I’ll have an empty spindle to start spinning with on the 26th.

My prep has consisted of dyeing 5 braids of Polwarth outside–finally! That will give me a good start, hahaha It is a very busy week and am trying to also mentally prepare to be away next week for my birthday week! This should be dry by Saturday, I hope, it is raining and hot today, but it looks like some better weather is coming.!

IMG_0147.JPG

@Spice2s - I agree. I don’t have time to sit and watch the whole thing! I think if you get the Gold level, you can watch the replays anytime of the day, but still, I don’t have time to watch all of it.

Good for you! It will be great to see your progress. You might surprise yourself and get it all done!

That is beautiful!!! So, do you have a vacation planned for your birthday week? Or are you just taking the week off to spin??

@KikiKnits - I’d say with 2 fleeces and 4 braids–you’re official!! :wink: Welcome aboard.

Not a bad idea for a followup “de Fleece” with all this yarn we’re making!

Char pops in to remind everyone - three more sleeps!

:fk:

This Saturday, how would you all like to do a video call to kick off Spin De Fleece ?
We can try Google Meet - I don’t think there is a time limit for that, and we can have as many as 100 participants. I don’t have a paid zoom subscription, so we’ll try this to start with :slight_smile:

Here is the information:

[SIZE=22px]Spin de Fleece Kick-Off - Group Video Call
Saturday, June 26 · 7:00 – 9:00pm Central Time
Google Meet joining info - Video call link: https://meet.google.com/sam-oojk-iut[/SIZE]

(I’m praying I will be home in time, we are driving back home on Saturday, but I should be home before 7 barring complications. )

If that doesn’t work I can also set up a pre scheduled zoom chat like we do on Fridays

This sounds fun, I hope to be settled enough to join!

I can join for part of it; not sure if I can do the whole time; we’re getting ready to leave the next day for a camping trip and we have church in the morning, so I need to be ready for camping the night before as much as possible. We are self-employed, and we have found that camping during the week opens up some campgrounds that are normally full on the weekends, so we’ve decided to get away for a couple of days. I’ll do my best to get things ready during the day, so I can have more time to sit and spin in the evening.

LOL–just saw this–and now it’s only ONE more sleep!!! Yay!

Just remembered that since we are going camping on Sunday and Monday (coming home Tuesday), I need to pack my drop spindle and some fiber! I don’t think I’ll take my Traddy along–it’s just rather bulky and since it’s supposed to be rainy both days, I don’t want to take it around moisture . Not a bad thing, though, because I need to work on improving my skills in that area–I’m very rusty when it comes to spinning on a spindle. I still haven’t decided which of my wool I’m willing to sacrifice on the altar of learning…

20210625_072653 (1).jpg

I do drop spindles … never done a supported spindle before … but I know some people really like them!

It’s kind of a combo of a drop and supported spindle. I got it for use while traveling one time and it really is handy. Just need to use it more.

Thanks for mentioning YouTube for highlights - I did want to watch but have to make it more compact and portable following the light around in the house. I can do that with the laptop.

Spindles Yay!