Random Acts of Kindness

For our postal worker, I taped a personal-size bottle of hand sanitizer to a note card with well-wishes and placed that in our mailbox with the flag up.
The next day, I got a thank-you note in return.
:slight_smile:

A local healthy bread-baker (an essential service as a food producer for the community) is working during early morning senior grocery shop hours when the stores tend to be well stocked. The baker began asking customers if any had the opportunity when out running their essential errands, to purchase an extra hand sanitizer for them to have out for customer use, they would gladly reimburse. Now I often feel lucky, and happened to purchase a pump-bottle of hand sanitizer, which I gladly gifted to them.

Haven’t seen another bottle of hand sanitizer since… LOL, I guess that means at the moment I do not need one nor know anyone who does.

A simple act of kindness like yours ripples through a community. Who knows, you may have saved somebody’s grandma or grandpa, @qfknit!

@EllenDeKnitter - awwwwww…! I hadn’t thought of that… ripples… ! Verklempt! :slight_smile:

Yep, I’m also in the middle of a cornfield–rather not minding that too much just yet!

Something home baked? A loaf of bread or a sack of cookies would prob. fit the mailbox. Unless he’s scared to take it, but most likely not.

That is precious!

We need more stories like this!!

This is awesome!!

I have been searching for hand sanitizer for over a month now. I never had any, and apparently will not ever have any. I really hoped to have it in my car. I have a can of clorox wipes I use in my car. I hope that’s good enough to get me home to soap and water.

That was so thoughtful of you to share your sanitizer.

@Hellokitten - yes it sells fast!
Many stores limit purchase to 1 item, but I have also seen some with a limit of 2, even one with a limit of 3.
We happened to already have some gel hand sanitizer on hand for picnics, camping, etc, and that came in handy.
So far this year I have just purchased that one which was given to the baker.

LOL, for years now I have carried a small personal size gel hand sanitizer dangling from my purse strap.
People would laugh, roll their eyes, nudge each other, look away… not anymore!
Suddenly it’s almost fashionable.

@qfknit
Our church used to have a hand shaking time. And some of my children and I would use hand sanitizer afterward. Always got funny looks…the last month we were at church I started sharing with people around me. Funny how times change.

Btw…you might have some luck finding this product at the dollar stores. I think right now the majority that is being made is going to front line workers.

Anther thing to consider…Local breweries are making an alcohol spray hand sanitizer. Some are giving it away. Some are only supplying front line workers.
Might be worth checking out.
https://www.sacbee.com/news/article241246761.html

Aww, melts your heart! :two_hearts:

Wow, how nice!! :two_hearts:

So sweet! :blush:

Verklempt