October 2022

I really don’t rhink it is your technique, as I knit like you do and have no trouble… even with more complicated stitches… you will be fine as long as you understand what you are doing.

I think the twist is because it is a singles yarn… at least it appears to be a single by the look of it in the picture. I also spin yarn, so I know singles are much more unbalanced than plied yarn.

3 Likes

Here is my day 1 of the mosaic challenge.

4 Likes

No new updates on the tree, but there doesn’t appear to be any damage, other than the scratched window and two slightly loosened shingles. We decided we didn’t even need to get an inspector out as once the branch was moved you couldn’t even tell where it had hit and there really isn’t any damage. The larger part of the branch is the section that broke off and landed on the ground and it didn’t do any damage at all. My brother was already planning to do some work on the shingles, so it doesn’t matter one way or the other if a couple were loosened a bit.

@Char Yes, we do eat the pecans from our tree, they are the best! All through my childhood, all the kids in the neighborhood ate pecans all the time while we were playing. My mom also had us collect them and used them in the candy she made in her shop. There used to be a lot more because there were 4 trees to begin with, two are gone and one is technically on the property of the townhouses next door now. Since no one at the townhouses cares about the pecans, we collect the ones there and from the one in our backyard. My younger son always makes sure to collect them because he knows that means he’ll get pecans in his banana bread or chocolate chip cookies! :yum:

3 Likes

@Spice2s Your mosaic work is looking great. I am so glad to meet someone who knits like me. Woo hoo!

Thank you everyone for your help with understanding the yarn twist issue. I won’t pull from the other end this time, only because I have managed to get used to it and because I am so far along in this hat. Hats are really hard for me for some reason. I think this is my third attempt and I really want this one to work out.

I am including a picture of the type of yarn I am using and what my purl stitches look like. Most of my knitting in the picture are knit stitches, there is one row of purl. The last picture is what you would see if sitting across from me.

2 Likes

Happy WIP Wednesday!

I’m working on finishing strips for a variation of the “3 Dudes Quilt”. This was a kit from QFK, but the narrow strips weren’t cut very straight so I swapped in my own strips and it is working much better. :slight_smile:

Today my son turns 18. Crazy. He told me it was OK to do something for him at the Academy…. So - I contacted the patents organization and they decorated his door, and my sister in law made a large birthday cookie for him. He may never give permission for me to do anything like this again. What he doesn’t realize is this is minor compared to what I could have done. Lol

6 Likes

That doesn’t sound like too much to me - especially the big cookie!

1 Like

All summer I’ve been ignoring the dirty spots on my craft room carpet. Last night, I sprayed all the spots and got them all out. Know what’s just as bad as dirty spots? Clean spots! Today I dragged out the carpet cleaning machine and cleaned the whole room. Now I have a clean craft room and a pile of projects to work on - and no garden to take care of. Time to get crafting!

5 Likes

Lol - crazy isn’t it?

What does KB mean?

1 Like

In knitting? Knit below.

1 Like

Wip wednesday …

Working on a band for a dog sweater/poncho

4 Likes

Pretty colors! Have you made the poncho yet? I’d love to see the finished poncho - on your cute puppy of course!

1 Like

Beautiful!!!

1 Like

How cool :sunglasses: It’s going to compliment the colors of Summer’s coat very nicely!

1 Like

I’m using the same yarn. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Can’t wait to see the finished project. I might be inspired to make one for my little guy this winter.
Is it the dog in your photo?

Target was selling beanies for dogs. There are two spaces just above the band where the ears come thru the beanie. And a pom pom on top.

Has anyone seen dogs wearing beanies??

1 Like

Hi All,
I am catching up with all of your gorgeous projects. I have been doing a lot of stitching-embroidering tea towels for Christmas sister gifts. They are just basic, but the stitching has let me rest my wrist enough that I think I can knit now. I’m trying to crank through these so I can focus on other things, but not get too sloppy! I have a total of 4 done.

8 Likes

I’ll share a picture when it’s finished. It’s basically just a very large granny square, with a smaller square to connect the front (in front of the chest) … and then I’m making the band to go around the waist area to keep it on.

yes - the dog in my avatar photo.

I haven’t seen beanies on dogs, but I have seen the cowls … what are they called, ummm … Snoods … I am thinking of making one of those for my dog as well. Not sure she’ll like it, but she’ll wear it the one day it gets below zero here, right ? lol .

2 Likes

Those are wonderful! I love embroidered towels like this. Flour sack towels are my absolute favorite, and it’s always nice to have a little embroidery on them. I just never seem to have the time to do the embroidery!

Your embroidery is gorgeous btw ! :slight_smile: love it!

1 Like

These look great! Your stitching is so smooth. Beautiful gifts!

1 Like

I LOVE these! I have a couple of embroidered kitchen towels from my grandmother and a great-aunt, both were from their hope chests made in the 1930s and I adore them! I want to make some of my own because I also like the flour sack towels the best, but I want to learn to embroider so I can make them as cute as my ancestor’s and yours. I love the sayings you’ve used, the recipients will be very lucky to receive these cute towels.

2 Likes