March 2021 Sock KAL - Finished Posts

This is such a pretty shade of green. Your shorties look great.

For someone who doesn’t try to match stripes, you got an amazing match!

I hardly ever find acrylic self striping. That would be great for my grands.

Thanks, everyone!

I’m glad you’re enjoying everything about them, they’re lovely.

@KnitsWithHorses do you have a Michael’s? I’ve bought some there and it’s sitting in my stash. I need to make a couple of pairs of shorties with it but I’m not in sock mode right now.

Submission for the first Sock . .

0308212119_2.jpg

Completed Pair.

0312211314_2.jpg

[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“height”:“200”,“width”:“235”,“src”:“https://fiberkind.com/filedata/fetch?id=92976&d=1615577266”}[/IMG2]

Submission for theme: Irish.

The pattern is Rye Light by Tin Can Knits. The designers of TinCanKnits went to Ireland in 2013 per their blog, so that is the connection to Irish :slight_smile:

@FreedomLover I use Michael’s Woolike a LOT but I haven’t seen anything in self-striping. My local Michael’s has a pretty limited yarn selection though.

Pretty speckled yarn!

@KnitsWithHorses this is from a local dyer, Blue Doxie Dyeworks - Halloween Confetti colorway

I love buying from local dyers and spinners. :relaxed:

Wow! That was fast. :slight_smile:

Third pair done thru the heels. I hadn’t planned on a third pair but all I had when I bugged out for two days was random sock yarn remnants and size 1 dpn needles so… I need summer socks anyway. Now I need to get to making Harmoni some so look for lots of blues next month.

IMG_20210313_101828.jpg

Scrappy socks are always fun. :slight_smile:

I can’t wait to make some scrappy socks!

You guys all want to make shark socks, don’t you? I think we should have a shark theme. We could give an extra entry if you watch a shark movie while knitting them. Jaws! Sharknato! :slight_smile:

@lovestostitch That sounds like fun!

Finished pair. I kind of experimented with different techniques to avoid color jog on this pair. The jury is still out. Still going to try a couple other techniques before I decide.

20210314_150234.jpg

And one more for the color green. I’ve finally used up all of the Cascade Heritage i had which I’m kinda sad about. I really like it. But I have LOTS of great sock yarn so I can’t really justify buying any right now. But I do recommend it!

20210314_150234.jpg