LoveCrafts' YouTube Channel

LoveCrafts (formerly LoveKnitting and LoveCrochet) offers many patterns, including free patterns… and also has a YouTube channel, with several interesting interviews and how-to demonstrations for many techniques. I’m on their email list and recently received an e-newsletter with a link to a wonderful video with Debbie Bliss and MillaMia (Katerina & Helena) a fun discussion called “This or That.” [INDENT]1) Birthdays or Christmas?
2) Cables or Fair Isle?
3) Wooden needs or Metallic needles?
4) Early riser or Night Owl?
5) Old Traditions or Making new ones?
6) Baby yarns or Super Chunky?
7) Winter or Summer?
8) Soothing Neutrals or Bright & Colorful?
9) Stay cozy at home or Travel to new shores?
10) New skills or Tried and tested methods?[/INDENT]

Link to LoveCrafts’ YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbc0ikNuFbIQkSQAu6WlrIQ

My thoughts today, on questions posed by This or That…
[INDENT]1) Birthdays or Christmas? Christmas is a birthday… so… BOTH! (fan*)

1. Cables or Fair Isle? Cables!!

2. Wooden needs or Metallic needles? Metallic circs… for the smoothness, lack of friction, and resultant speed with no ill effects to hands & wrists

3. Early riser or Night Owl? LOL, both (fan*)… that’s why taking naps was invented

4. Old Traditions or Making new ones? Both (fan*)

5. Baby yarns or Super Chunky? Baby yarns, especially superwash wool sock yarn. Yarn can always be knit with two strands together… but I find that chunky yarns simply do not offer enough yardage to complete even a small project.

6. Winter or Summer? Summer, I love being outside and working in the garden.

7. Soothing Neutrals or Bright & Colorful? Both! (fan*)

8. Stay cozy at home or Travel to new shores? Both! (fan*)

9. New skills or Tried and tested methods? Both! (fan*)… Love to learn new things, but also enjoy mindless knitting.
    :slight_smile:

* Watch video to see them use the “fan” technique when vacillating on answers to any question.
    :wink:

Anyone else care to share…?
    :)[/INDENT]

Oh fun!

1. Birthdays or Christmas? @qfknit is correct. Christmas is a birthday! – Both

2. Cables or Fair Isle? Fair Isle

3. Wooden needs or Metallic needles? Oh gosh. I use both, depending on the yarn. If I had to choose, metallic.

4. Early riser or Night Owl? Early riser! Me & the chickens!

5. Old Traditions or Making new ones? Making new ones! So much fun!

6. Baby yarns or Super Chunky? Baby Yarns - actually anything lighter than worsted. Favorite is thread/lace weight.

7. Winter or Summer? Neither, both are too extreme. I hibernate inside through both. I do love the Autumn though.

8. Soothing Neutrals or Bright & Colorful? Neutrals, I find I can manipulate them easier than the really brights.

9. Stay cozy at home or Travel to new shores? Cozy at home!

10. New skills or Tried and tested methods? Both, I enjoy learning new skills when I feel I need a new challenge, but a simple stitch blanket can calm my nerves better than an adult cocktail!

1. Birthdays or Christmas? Birthdays. I love Christmas at Christmas-time, but all the bling-bling, ching-ching and plastic tinsel that start around September put me off. A birthday feels special because it only lasts for a day.

2. Cables or Fair Isle? Cables. Fair Isle looks gorgeous when it is finished, but all that plain knitting with not even a purl stitch to break it up – nope, not for me, thanks.

3. Wooden needles or metallic? Metallic. I just guide the needles gently and the stitches glide along with hardly any effort from me.

4. Early riser or night owl? Night owl. Why would anyone want to get out of a warm, cosy bed on a cold, dark, wet morning just to cook breakfast and go off to work if they didn’t have to?

5. Old traditions or making new ones? Both. I like taking traditional patterns, e.g. Aran-style diamonds, and putting them into modern items, e.g. a tablet cover.

6. Baby yarns or super chunky? Baby yarns. Super chunky feels like knitting with rope. I do use quite thick yarns to crochet blankets, but only up to chunky, not any thicker.

7. Winter or summer? Winter. I like to get all wrapped up and cosy, and go out and laugh in the face of the weather.

8. Soothing neutrals or bright and colourful? It depends on my mood. I think of colours like grey and navy blue as neutrals, because they match most other colours. I don’t like colours like beige, greige or off-white, they are more like non-colours than neutrals to me.

9. Stay cosy at home or travel to new shores? Stay at home and read about exotic places, either in books or online. Best of both worlds!

10. New skills or tried and tested methods? New skills. I like both, but I don’t want to do the same things over and over.

That was such a fun video! Those ladies are great!

Oh fun! Thank you for starting this @qfknit

1. Birthdays or Christmas? Both :fk:
  2. Cables or Fair Isle? Definitely cables - I can never get my tension right
  3. Wooden needs or Metallic needles? Metalics
  4. Early riser or Night Owl? Early to bed, early to rise
  5. Old Traditions or Making new ones? A nice mixture of both I think
  6. Baby yarns or Super Chunky? baby yarns - bulky doesn’t have nearly enough yardage
  7. Winter or Summer? I really don’t like extremes, so more of a spring/fall gal myself
  8. Soothing Neutrals or Bright & Colorful? Generally neutrals, but getting more colorful in my “old” age
  9. Stay cozy at home or Travel to new shores? BOTH - I love to take cruises, and I love relaxing weekends at home :slight_smile:
  10. New skills or Tried and tested methods? New skills = new adventures

:slight_smile:

1. Christmas, I love all things Christmas.
  2. Definitely cables, I only do color work often enough to remember that I don’t really care for it.
  3. Metallic needles unless I’m using DPN’s, then I prefer wood
  4. Early riser
  5. Both
  6. Baby yarns
  7. Winter - we don’t have long spells of cold and it’s not unusual to have days warm enough to open the house in winter months. Tomorrow’s forecast is an outlier here. That being said autumn is also my favorite season.
  8. All the colors.
  9. Both
  10. Both
  1. Birthdays or Christmas?
    Birthdays.
    ​​​​​​

2. Cables or Fair Isle?
    Cables.

3. Wooden needs or Metallic needles?
    Metallic, usually.

4. Early riser or Night Owl?
    Definitely Night Owl! Husband works 4pm to midnight shift, and you know what the say - late to bed, early to rise, makes one baggy under the eyes! :smile:

5. Old Traditions or Making new ones?
    Both.

6. Baby yarns or Super Chunky?
    Baby yarns.

7. Winter or Summer?
    Winter. I hate heat and humidity. (Autumn is my favorite, though!)

8. Soothing Neutrals or Bright & Colorful?
    Both.

9. Stay cozy at home or Travel to new shores?
    Definitely stay cozy at home. I get homesick - have always been that way.

10. New skills or Tried and tested methods?
    Both.