Knit-a-long - Gwendolyn Lace Shawl

Thank you @knitter131 @KnitsWithHorses @FreedomLover @Kathy7661 @pinesprairie and @Nitperl !
I am loving everyone’s versions, they are all beautiful!

Here is my shawl after 76 rows.

Gwendolyn shawl.JPG

Shawl after 76 rows.JPG

So soft and pretty looking. I like that color. Are you and FreedomLover using the same yarn?

This is gorgeous! Are you enjoying the pattern?

@pinesprairie I think it’s very similar in color but I don’t think it’s the same yarn.

This is beautiful! And your yarn looks scrumptious!

Beautiful!

Thank you to all!

Am I enjoying the pattern? Hmm. It certainly is very demanding. I can only do a few rows at a time.

Ouch, lace is tough to tink.

@FreedomLover, you know I’m not a knitter but haven’t come across tink before. Please explain. Thanks.

I think they all are beautiful even if it does take extra time. Each one will be treasured when complete, that’s for certain!

@pinesprairie "tinking back usually referred to having to undo a section of knitting to correct a mistake. I use the word frogging if I’m undoing entire rows but tinking of I’m just undoing a certain number of stitches within the row. But that may not be universal; just what I was taught.

@KnitsWithHorses Thank you for the explanation. Is that applicable to crochet as well? I want to use it since I do it all the time.

@pinesprairie Tink is knit spelled backwards, it means you’re going in the wrong direction. :frowning:

@pinesprairie I’m not sure. I’m in the “no knitting police” camp so if you like the term, use it! I’ve definitely used frogging in ref to my crochet… Often. Lol

And I used the wrong term. I “tink’d” back 2 + rows. Got it right this time. I’ve had no luck inserting a lifeline, so I’m counting a lot.

I’m good with stockinette but with all those K2togs and SSKs I slow down considerably.

I’m the same, @FreedomLover. Seemed to take forever tinking back those rows.

@FreedomLover Lol, thank you, I now have a complete understanding and am going to have to learn how to say tehcorc!

Apologies @Nitperl, not trying to take over your post, just curious and then a little humor slips in.

I would totally do this but I’m not ready for lace yet! :smiley: I’m good with cables and color work but. I want to finish something in fingering before I do the lace. LOL

@Lushcrix not a bad idea! However, you are welcome to lurk and comment anytime you wish - @pinesprairie provides our comic relief, but she isn’t participating otherwise.