July 2021 Chatter

This is a perfect picture for the 4th of July.

Beautiful hydrangeas!

What beautiful pictures! So green!

That is beautiful, Char!

I live the little ram’s face! He looks guilty! :grin:

Happy Independence Day from one of the redcoats. Long may the USA stand proud and free!

it is in the dryer now. It officially did not bleed or come apart in the wash. :slight_smile: Always happy when that happens.

Thank you! Some of my ancestors were redcoats.

Gorgeous hydrangeas! Do they grow blue naturally or do you amend the soil? It would be really hard to have blue ones where I am.

Half my family were Tories and the other half Patriots during the war … so I’ve nothing against the lobsterbacks across the pond. :wink: I even wrote a novella titled “Her Redcoat” and the hero was a British soldier!

I have not added anything this year, and this is the bluest I can remember them. My favorite time of the year is when these are blooming!

I count Redcoats and Revolutionaries among my ancestors, so I’m happy to accept good wishes from my British cousins. Thank you very much! :heart::white_heart::blue_heart:

I finally finished something! This is my second pair of handspun socks. They are made from 80/20 Superwash BFL/nylon that I dyed last Fall. I like that they look scrappy, but with fewer ends to weave in!
[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:104274}[/ATTACH]

Beautiful!!

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“large”,“data-attachmentid”:104277}[/ATTACH] We had a flyover last night!!

Love your yard…

Thank you!
My family came from England, Scotland, and Sweden well after the birth of this nation.

Ooo. So pretty!

Very cool!

Ah, I married a redcoat, although now he is a US citizen…so we have many interests across the pond. My ancestors? I get teased by the fact I’m more of a mongrel, since Wales, Scotland, France, Germany and Ireland are their countries of origin. This makes it tough to decide who to support in rugby test matches!