July 2020 Chatter

July is the month those of us in America celebrate our Independence Day. Please take a moment to remember how important our freedoms are.

Wherever you are, please be safe and stay healthy. :fk:

Ok - now time to Chatter away!

Good morning all and happy July!

I finished, washed and dried the blanket last night. All ready for Friday. Now back to the hexagon blanket!

3BBF61A5-8EE6-47D0-8BC8-0EA9C97FCA2C.jpeg

Very nice!

Gosh, I’m sure they will cherish it for years to come :heart::heart:

Just finished this granny baby blanket, another of my large projects finished. Used DK yarn, and slip stitched the squares together. It’s not wet blocked yet, but the picture was taken outdoors in the sun, so the colors are true.

4F5DCB41-88D7-40CD-B25A-4EFE75E46AEB.jpeg

445FA80C-62AC-420A-A74D-6C65E6753C0B.jpeg

It will be a cherished heirloom!!

The colors are so pretty and it looks cozy.

My Wednesday WIP is the star baby blanket. I expect I will complete the blue Section, do another green, and maybe another variegated. We’ll see how big it gets.

D0037BDB-2BAE-4C9D-9A2C-D18D6C010537.jpeg

Sweet! I’m really liking that join and the border but they won’t know about any of that and they’ll just enjoy the whole thing!

The mix of colors and the randomness of the placement is set off so well by that white border. Some lucky babe out there!

I canned 6 quarts of dill pickles last night. That was my activity, ha. I can’t sit long periods of time because apparently I bruised or cracked my thigh bone a week ago when I tripped and landed on a cement pathway. It is healing slowly but surely.

Take care of yourself, fall at our age are so nasty.

Oh, I’m so sorry! I’m glad it is healing without any complications though. Any and all activity counts and those pickles are going to be worth it.

I’m sorry you’ve hurt your hip, hoping you continue to see improvement. It’s no fun not being able to sit comfortably :frowning:

I’m working on finishing one grands blanket while planning the next. I’m looking for 4 colors to go with greens. What colors would you choose?

Dark reds, pinks & purples go well with greens. Also neutrals of charcoal grey & coffee brown.

Take a look at this post for some guidance. https://fiberkind.com/down-the-rabbit-hole/59275-color-theory

Mmmm! Pickles! Glad you’re on the mend.

So pretty!

Thanks all! :-). @pinesprairie my sister is a crafty person, so it might be noticed. We’ll see.

Cream, blue, purple, a second shade of green. :slight_smile: