It’s Gnome September!

Normally, I only share my gardening news in the gardening group but I have to share what I picked today. Zoom in and check out that weight!

6335850F-FD62-47C1-B5C7-C033F6BD5F5D.jpeg

Holy cow, that’s huge! Is it a tomato, or a pepper, or something else entirely? Sorry, I’m not a gardener and I don’t mean to be rude, but I really can’t identify what type of veggie that is!

I almost forgot WIP Wednesday! I’m working on another smiley face hat for the PIK Hats for Sailors KAL. I’m not very far on it, but this one has coral ribbing and the main body will be grey and the smiley will have round eyes instead of the X eyes the other one has. I’ve been having fun designing slight alterations so each smiley hat will be similar, but unique. I have also been working on designing a gnome washcloth and found a gnome couple pattern that I am going to start working on for my family Christmas gifts. Busy, busy, but fun!

Coral and Gray PIK Hats for Sailors WIP Wednesday 1 Sept 21.jpg

@Nyssareen - It is a Gold Medal tomato. Though it has one stem, I think it is one of those twin (or quadruplets). I read that conjoined vegetables are:usually caused by the fertilization of two of the flower’s ovaries instead of the usual one. I’ve had twin carrots and squash before.

Wow!!

Cam’t wait to see it finished and the face you add to it.

I started the Bed Time Gnome this morning with my coffee.

2 little Gnome feet done and starting the body! :gnome:

PXL_20210902_140426834.jpg

I love that color, can’t wait to see the rest.

Oh my goodness that gnome is so cute. I thought it was a knitting pattern? It looks like you are converting it to Tunisian Crochet. Maybe you can show us how to do that type of thing sometime. :gnome:

Thanks @lovestostitch !

@Char ~ my knitting skills can’t compare to the pros here. The Tunisian Knit stitch should definitely keep those little puffs of stuffing from showing through. I’ll be happy to share some pointers on converting knit patterns to Tunisian!

@TexasPurl I would love to learn how to convert simple knit patterns to Tunisian crochet.

I’ve got something good for Throwback Thursday! I made this afghan back in 2009 (before the pain in my hands from carpal and cubital tunnel problems forced me to stop knitting) for a friend who I haven’t seen since 2013. I recently got into contact with her again, and she gave me a picture of the afghan I made her, which still lives on her living room couch. I didn’t get into the habit of taking pics of all my projects until I picked knitting back up in 2019, so this item is much older than most of the projects I post pics of!

Jannell's Tri-Color Afghan made apx 2010.jpg

So cool! It always warms my heart when I see people use what I made.

I made the gnome de plume by Sarah Schira two years ago now and it was so challenging that it wasn’t very enjoyable. I think I’ll try it again but in worsted weight yarn instead of sock weight.
here is the stock photo from Etsy. I’m just going to dig around in my stash and see what I have that will work.

Mod edit to provide link to pattern:
Gnome de plume

I’m doing one of her patterns too (gnome pun intended). I hope you enjoy it this time :relaxed:

Me too! I love making things for people that I think they will love. I had had a falling out with this particular friend, so when we reconnected, I was especially surprised when she sent me the pic of the afghan she still loves and uses daily. Just warmed my heart to no end. :heart::heart::heart:

Awesome! I’m with you, I didn’t take pictures of most of my projects either. What a warm and wonderful story about the afghan.

I got sidetracked late last night and bought a pattern for a crochet gnome. Crochet is my first love so I started it this morning. Pictures to follow!

I am visiting with my in-laws while I wait for my son to be ready for pickup. My father in law has my craft cabinet ready. It’ll be used to help me organize fabric and other quilting items. :slight_smile:

AD281300-F495-4BC0-9E42-BA367E53C095.jpeg

895A59C9-1103-4AF3-A775-5D291174A75C.jpeg

Wow! Really nice.