Hello from NW Michigan

I’m just a functional knitter. No fancy patterns. I have done a little crochet and find the stitches fascinating.
What sewing projects do you have in mind?

I have knit one sweater and crocheted another many years ago. I have this thing I made without a pattern that is like a lose vest. I did very little prep on the wool and spun from the lock. I was going for primitive. It’s that, lol. My daughter calls it the “Road Kill Shawl”. I’m going to turn it into a sweater by adding sleeves and lengthening the bottom.
Knitting a proper sweater would be lovely. A coat would be really cool. A felted coat would be superb. I’ll be thinking about that one. Thanks for suggesting it.
I lived in Northern Florida for many years and remember being so grateful I was no longer up here when I would see snowy weather catastrophes on the news. But, I wasn’t a knitter. Nor did I keep fiber animals. Now, I’m quite content, but sorry for your lack of opportunity to wear knit things.

I don’t do anything fancy, either, and I haven’t been getting much accomplished. I mostly come here and see what everyone else is doing it seems.

For sewing, I have wanted for a long time to make some simple tops and maybe even attempt simple denim pants because I can’t stand that women’s jeans are not made with 100% cotton anymore. Also, learning how to quilt from @Char is now on my list of things I’d love to do.

Last night I was looking at an old 1971 Butterick sewing book I have called Ready Set Sew which I picked up at a garage sale at some point. It’s good with lots of information in it, and I remember doing a lot of the techniques about 40 years ago, but now it all seems so overwhelming to me. So I finally shut the book. lol

What types of things have you been knitting and crocheting?

A happy medium somewhere…

@TeaNSugar - yay for quilting with Char! :slight_smile:

@TeaNSugar I fall into that trap, too. Too much looking around and not enough doing.
I used to sew and would like to make some simple skirts and tunics, but have to work on my finicky machine first. That’s what stops me, the machine mechanical work. I find it tedious.
I bet if you sit down with a simple pattern, it will all come back to you.
Right now, I’m washing and combing fleeces getting ready for Spin de Fleece. I need to spin some yarn to turn a vest I made into a sweater. After that, maybe, make socks. I want to make some felt hats. That’s about it.

Hi Starlighthill! I have only been here a short time but this is a great place. In a few short months, I have enjoyed immensely the interactions while learning so much. I wish the same for you!

Thank you. I live it already!