Good News From a Top Designer

@Amore right - I guess eventually we will know to look in the market place but until then, I would never think to look under Off Topic. She gets her own bookmark on my computer though - her designs are beautiful.

Oh my gosh, @Carlota, you are so right! I should have put this under Marketplace! facepalm
And @plainjaneknitter, I really like your idea of a wiki spreadsheet for designers.

@plainjaneknitter, have you considered starting that wiki spreadsheet everyone could update? I have a great designer to add to such a list, an accomplished, prolific knitwear designer who sells her patterns direct from her own website. https://ilgaleja.com/collection_summertime_antiquelace.php
Now how do we start a searchable spreadsheet, one everyone can add on to?
Any idea whom we can ask about that?

@Amore I don’t know anything about Wiki spreadsheets, I just use Excel spreadsheets. I think we would have to start with @Admin to make sure such a spreadsheet would not only be within their terms, but also how to handle making it accessible for everyone to see & update.

@plainjaneknitter, making it accessible for everyone to see and update is what I meant by a wiki.

I’m not a huge fan of “lists”, what will inevitably happen is someone either on or off the list will be subject to harassment. We tried to have a thread of places to get patterns that weren’t R in the knitting patterns section and it went off the rails into making blacklists again. I’m open to a proposal where people can share designers they’ve worked with and think would be assets to the community without it turning into a “good” list and “bad” list.

@Admin Thanks! For my own reference, I bookmarked this designer on my own computer and on my Pinterest – from the designer’s site. No need for anything special here,and I can only commend your valor keeping OU non-reactionary.