Good News From a Top Designer

Moonlight is now also available for purchase directly from her website: https://www.dandoh.com/moonlight
:slight_smile:

I am so glad to hear this. I bought several of her patterns in the past months. I am glad to know that I will still have access to her beautiful designs. Thank you for posting this.

Her patterns are absolutely beautiful!

Of course I will put this designer on my own list, but is she cross-referenced within this site? I had a hard time finding this post again when searching for it.

I love her designs! I am a beginner knitter, but I might try “Demure” when she posts it as available directly from her.

Maybe we need a list (with links) of designers selling their patterns direct?

I love Jaunty II. I’ll definitely be buying the pattern.

Oh, I like that one too! So original, to add the slim sleeves!

I might add that Yumiko’s yarn, although expensive, is distinctive (and ideally suited for her patterns). I’m presently working Chic in a yarn I bought from her. It’s pure linen from Japan, about DK thickness but lighter because of its chainette construction. Quite nice.

@plainjaneknitter, when you do get to knit Yumiko’s Elemental Cowl, be sure to check out her video (under “Resources” top right) demonstrating the stitch. https://www.dandoh.com/techniques

Following my own advice, I watched her short video on how to do “cross 6 right,” the stitch she features in Oasis. Wow! THIS lady knows how to make a demo!

You know how most stitch demo vids have excessive hand movement and excessive chatter? Chatter that actually gets in the way of understanding? Chatter that’s just there to nervously fill audio space?

Yumiko states, “I’m going to show you how to do Cross 6 Right,” and then she stays quiet and just lets us watch! No excess movements, no excess words. THIS is the way it should be done, folks!

@Amore Thank you for telling me about the video. I believe the cowl (and the raglan sweater she recommends with it) are now available, Then, of course, I’d want to buy her yarn that goes with both patterns. The only thing holding me back right now is - I’ve never made a sweater and need to figure out if this one would be good for a novice to knit.

@plainjaneknitter, the raglan looks pretty straightforward to me. Do you have 3D backup? (A mentor knitter in your area.) If not, we here can walk you through it if you hit a bumpy spot. As long as you’re not a beginner-beginner, I’d encourage you to go for it.

Thank you, @qfknit. Just added Moonlight to my Yumiko collection. Later today I’ll order the yarn that goes with it. Happy stashing!

@qfknit, following your referral to Yumiko’s Moonlight pattern now being available on her website, I clicked through and purchased it. An hour later I went back and ordered the yarn to go with it.

That was at 8 a.m. today. I just got notification that the yarn has shipped. That’s a 3-hour turn-around between order and shipping! Way to go, Yumiko!

@Amore Thank you so much for the encouragement. Garments have always seemed ‘too much’ for me. I think I may just buy her patterns & go for it. I’m going to check my stash because I think I have some yarn that would work. But then, I love the color of her raglan and cowl.

plainjaneknitter, I took a look at the description of that raglan, and it’s about as simple as a garment can be. Knitted top down in one piece, no seams, raglan sleeves that are formed by simple increases (probably yarn-overs) . . . I’d really encourage you to go for it.

I think a Designer List with Links is an awesome idea! I wonder if such a list would be acceptable to admin and then is there a way we can post an excel spreadsheet or something that everyone could update as they learn of new designers? Having everything in one place or on one document would be great.

I believe I will go for it. And since you stated that her yarn is distinctive, I may just have to buy that too! I’ve got a couple of birthday projects on my needles & once they are finished (one probably won’t be completed until November) I’m going to tackle the raglan sweater. I no longer have a mentor in my area, so I will probably be asking for help thru the topics. Thanks again!!

We will be here for you, @plainjaneknitter. Maybe we could even start a KAL for that purpose?