General stash chatter

This thread is for talking about our stashes. If you want to show off that new yarn, fiber or fabric here is the place. If you want to talk about anything else please feel free.

2 Likes

This year I am counting each ball / skein out as 1 and I am not counting yarn in against that total.

So I am aiming for at least 100 skeins out, no matter the size. I might also try and track fabric although that is more difficult. I might possibly try and count 1/4 yard amounts.

I’ve been wondering how to count fabric …. Hmmmm

1 Like

You could even count by weight if you wanted.

2 Likes

That is an interesting idea…. I’ll probably do by the yard. I think I can find out the yardage equivalents for my precuts and such.

I’ve joined a declutter group. I’m going to removing a lot of things I just don’t “love”. A lot of stuff I don’t know what I was thinking. A friend is a school teacher I am planning to pass stuff along to - she teaches FACS and I think maybe her students could be interested. If not, I’ll find another spot to donate.

1 Like

I think I am going to count FO’s. Small project +1, sweater/large project +2. Stash in single skein-1, intentional project quantity -2.

1 Like

Sounds like a good way to count.

I bought four yards of fabric today for a young man’s graduation gift. He’s special, and very quilt worthy.

I have had in mind a quilt I wanted to make and happened to see the needed fabric today.

I’m glad to be in the stash busters as I think twice about buying anything. :blush:

1 Like