Fresh from the Dyepot: Finished yarn

Several people I have run into love their Cheviot. I have a braid of it, white, that I have not spun yet - I see it takes dye very well . . . always more ideas to try out, right?

Wow–I just saw this. I love your method of dyeing! I’ll have to give this a try!

Nice work! I’ve got some fiber in similar colors (dyed in a different pattern) and need to finish spinning it.

I’ve been dyeing a lot of sock yarn the past several weeks. Just thought I’d flash a photo of some it. Other than the solid light blue and the solid red (Knit Picks Stroll solids), all of these were dyed with food coloring products - McCormick’s, Wilton, AmeriColor.

5C2B7387-279A-4935-AC5C-49B7441F2DAC.jpeg

Wowee! These look great and it looks like you’ve had a good time dyeing. I’d have never guessed they were food coloring; you did a very nice job!

Thank you! Dyeing yarn is such a great creative outlet. And a huge distraction when things feel a bit overwhelming. I just recently discovered AmeriColor and I am loving their colors.

Those are gorgeous - I love the streaky bits you are getting.

Wow - they all look great.

These are gorgeous! I especially like the flecked skeins on the bottom.

Those are so pretty!! The colors are bright and vivid. I love the speckles, too!

The results of my last 2 days of dyeing Swish DK for a project. You can follow the progress in this blog post: Bold Baby Blanket. I used ProChem WF Acid Dyes and citric acid, most of them in the kettle, but 1 in a steam pan. I may be adding a little more to the gray one at a later date. I hope to start swatching today.

I over-dyed the gray to make it darker for balance.

IMG_2658.JPG

IMG_2663.jpg

IMG_2726.JPG

They are beautiful. I can’t wait to see the blanket.

Beautiful!

Very pretty!

Great colors!

Continuing to try out new-to-me AmeriColor Gel Paste food coloring. I speckled these 2 sock blanks using plastic forks. They will become socks for two of my sisters. I am liking the AmeriColor quite a lot. :smile:

They look great!

Gorgeous! And the two in the close-up pic are especially wonderful. :yarn:

I would love some socks knitted with these!