February 2024 Chatter

No one in my household is interested in football. I will be finishing off listening to Jurassic Park and knitting today. If my head cooperates and stops threatening to explode on me! :face_with_head_bandage: :exploding_head:

2 Likes

Hope you are feeling better. Last year, I read Jurassic Park for the first time.
I liked it enough to keep the book.

My ideas for crafting thru the game did not pan out. I ended up with my family in there watching the game with me. Which is a huge deal, I normally watch football alone.
My team lost…but my heart was full. Cause we had tons of laughs and great conversation.

3 Likes

I hope you feel better soon.

2 Likes

More el nino wet weather headed to Ca. Hope everyone stays safe and dry. (I know we have a few West Coast crafters on here)

What are you all working on this week? I made an error with my mohair. So, put it aside for a bit. It was a row counting error. Meaning…the pattern row should have been the odd row and I messed up and made it an even row. Didn’t catch the error and worked many rows after that. I put it in a time out. But, I really should get it out work with it.

Cross stitch Baby blanket is coming along nicely. All other crafts are sitting as Wips.

3 Likes

We are having unbelievably mild weather for Feb. Today, hubby and I are going to divide and move a Clematis. A joint gardening project is fun for Valentine’s Day! He did go out and buy me flowers and a donut (I love donuts!) this morning.

5 Likes

you don’t need to login to facebook - just click on the “X” on the sign in popup and you’ll be able to see th reel

friendship day

4 Likes

I love this! Happy Friendship Day everyone! :heart: :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heartpulse:

3 Likes

Belated… happy friendship day.

3 Likes

Working away over here in my little part of Ca.
We had two weather chasers in my area this week. They were hoping to catch major weather and a tornado and such. It was weird watching them drive by places I knew.

Has that happened to any of you before? Seen the local news at your favorite hang out or anything?

I saw a pattern for a crochet Ruana recently. And thought…oh I should make that.
Have any of you made one? Do you find yourself wearing it often? (Marly Bird’s Lyvia Ruana)

2 Likes

What’s a ruana? sounds interesting.

here’s an oversized ruana I’ve made - I’ve worn it e.g. with a light blue long dress - that was my wedding attire as well

6 Likes

Ooh, what’s the fiber on that? Looks cozy.

3 Likes

@sheiskanen that is a beautiful one. Did I take a long time to knit up? Wow…so cozy and soft looking.

https://www.allfreeknitting.com/Miscellaneous/What-is-a-Ruana

Here is a link for the Marly Bird one. There are several places to purchase her pattern. She closed up her garment…so now it looks more like a long sweater.
https://www.lovecrafts.com/en-us/p/lyvia-ruana-crochet-pattern-by-marly-bird

3 Likes

thanks - it’s Kid Mohair
@hereami - thanks - I knitted it with a machine in a day and crocheted the edges in another day

2 Likes

I’ve been swatching/ experimenting with yarn and a pattern for a friend and though I thought I had it all worked out using a yarn I’ve worked with before, but the pattern just isn’t looking right. :persevere: it’s a fishman’s rib pattern and the yarn just isn’t “popping” the stitches like it needs to get the desired look. Sadly, I think I need to return the yarn I haven’t wound yet.

Have you had that happen? Yarn just didn’t work for the stitch.

2 Likes

oh no…That is so frustrating.

I have had similar issues. I hope you didn’t get to much of it worked up before you decided it was the wrong yarn.

Will you change patterns or simply buy a different yarn?

1 Like

Different yarn. Friend picked out the pattern so I won’t change it.

Was trying to use a super soft yarn that is an alpaca/acrylic blend, ahh well… back to the drawing board.

2 Likes

My neighbor is a girl scout. (first one I have lived close by)
Of course I had to order cookies.
They came in today. Yes, I did hide them in the cupboard.

lol. I will share. But, if they are out on the counter we will speed eat them.

Thin mints are my favorite girl scout cookie.
What about you guys?

Any cookies and tea while you craft away??

edit: Because I forgot I wasn’t txting. using shortened codes and no punctuation. :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

I have always been a fan of thin mints, too…. But recently they came out with these lemon sandwich cookies where the cookie was almost like an unsalted cracker. I really like those as well. :slight_smile:

I haven’t been crafting much the past few days. I really need to get the borders on a graduation quilt so I can get those finished up…. Maybe this week yet. We’ll see.

4 Likes

Thin mints have always been my favorite. I wasn’t in Girl Scouts as a kid, but I had 2 friends who were and both their mothers were their group leaders. Every year they both ended up with tons of boxes of cookies at their house and we all had to remind ourselves “no touchy!” We did buy some from them every year, but I haven’t bought any in a while because I am trying very hard to eat right and they have just gotten so much more expensive (like everything else!). I do love to have my chai tea every day and usually have a mug of that nearby while I am knitting.

2 Likes