February 2021 Sock KAL - Chat

Hygge would feel like a cloud on your feet! Iā€™m wishing I had made some thick and warm house socks since the floor in here is SO COLD right now. We are in for over a week of stupid cold weather so Iā€™ll be wearing socks 24/7 for a while. Lol I have a bunch of Hygge and it never occurred to me to make socks!

Thanks, everyone, Iā€™m looking forward to it! Once I get my February socks done, I plan to actually use the yarn I bought for January for the window one because I found the perfect yarn for that one!

@KnitsWithHorses When my dil gave me this yarn I KNEW I wanted to make socks with it because it is SO soft! I found a few patterns for socks specifically with Hygge, so I figured it was acceptable to make socks from. The pattern Iā€™m using isnā€™t a specific Hygge pattern, but the gauge is right, so Iā€™m trying it!

These are my January Socks, still in progressā€¦sigh. I decided that a pattern might be a nice change, so I found this simple herringbone stitch.
[ATTACH=JSON]{ā€œdata-alignā€:ā€œnoneā€,ā€œdata-sizeā€:ā€œsmallā€,ā€œdata-attachmentidā€:89702}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{ā€œdata-alignā€:ā€œnoneā€,ā€œdata-sizeā€:ā€œsmallā€,ā€œdata-attachmentidā€:89703}[/ATTACH]

[IMG2=JSON]{ā€œdata-alignā€:ā€œnoneā€,ā€œdata-sizeā€:ā€œfullā€,ā€œsrcā€:ā€œhttp://fiberkind.com/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==ā€}[/IMG2]ā€‹
And I also started another pair, because, well, handspun.
[ATTACH=JSON]{ā€œaltā€:ā€œClick image for larger version Name: File_002.jpeg Views: 0 Size: 133.1 KB ID: 89675ā€,ā€œdata-alignā€:ā€œnoneā€,ā€œdata-attachmentidā€:ā€œ89675ā€,ā€œdata-sizeā€:ā€œsmallā€}[/ATTACH] I might add that Iā€™ve been doing a lot of bag designing and sewing and working on my spinning and my FairIsle Sweater, which is almost finished!!!
PS: How do you all feel about drawstring project bags? Do you prefer additional handles?

Canā€™t see your socks, as the photo links are broken :(. However, I love your bag for the 2nd pair you started. very nice! I have lots of denim that I need to start using up, and that looks like a nice way to do it!

The project bags I make, are usually drawstring, as they are so much quicker to sew. However, I have some purchased zipper ones, and a few that I made with zippers too. And those are nice as well. I think either are good. Anyway to keep the project in the bag when you arenā€™t working on it.

great job!

Love the bag! Drawstring works for me, but I like handles too. I guess Iā€™m officially not picky. :wink:

I love the bag! Iā€™m a big fan of the drawstring and using the drawstrings as the straps.

Thank you all for your feedback. I fixed the pictures @Spice2s.

[ATTACH=JSON]{ā€œdata-alignā€:ā€œnoneā€,ā€œdata-sizeā€:ā€œlargeā€,ā€œdata-attachmentidā€:89761}[/ATTACH]

I hope you donā€™t mind if I steal this! :heart:

@Nyssareen - not a bit!

[ATTACH=JSON]{ā€œdata-alignā€:ā€œnoneā€,ā€œdata-sizeā€:ā€œmediumā€,ā€œdata-attachmentidā€:89933}[/ATTACH]

I finished my other project and started my February socks today. This is my first time knitting with Regiaā€™s Tutti Frutti cotton sock yarn.

Gotta love a nice self striping yarn. :blush:

Love the shorty socks. :slight_smile:

Very pretty yarn!