February 2021 Sock KAL - Chat

Our theme for February is Love. Love can be hearts or it can be doing a pattern that your loved one especially appreciates. Tell us how your pattern says Love💕!

Color of the month is Pink.

As always, you can knit any pattern or color you like but you get an extra entry in the prize drawing for using a pattern that goes with the theme and/or using the monthly color.

Chat about the KAL in this thread and post your finished projects in the Finished Thread.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:88734}[/ATTACH]

I got this for Christmas and saved it for this month. Now I have to pick out a pattern that says “Love!”

Pretty!

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:88761}[/ATTACH]All ready to start! The sock pattern has hearts on it and one ball of yarn is pink-ish. It’s more of a light plum, but I think it’ll work. The two yarns aren’t very different in value, so the hearts will be very soft, not dramatic. I think I’ll do the hearts at the toe, but I want to do something different at the top. I don’t know what yet … time will tell!

Those colors are pretty together and I like that pattern.

I was thinking about using that pattern again this month too. I made my oldest daughter’s socks and middle daughter hat in December with that chart. I love it! I don’t use the actual pattern but that chart will be a regular goto for me. The recipients love it too.

Did you try the actual pattern and not like it?

That colorway looks so fun. :heart_eyes:

I just prefer toe up and using the toe, heel and cuff that I know work for me.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: IMG_20201231_124347_521.jpg Views: 0 Size: 138.4 KB ID: 88877”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“88877”,“data-size”:“medium”}[/ATTACH] @Pegg Thomas this is the socks I made in November during the holiday KAL. They are for my daughter who wears cowboy boots a lot so I made them tall.

@KnitsWithHorses, gotcha.

Yes, I remember. This pair inspired me to find the pattern. I’m not going to make the cuff top it calls for either, I did that on one pair and I’m not very fond of it. I’m thinking of a heart-shaped lace to knit down the top of each sock, stopping at the hearts on the toes. Maybe.

@Pegg Thomas That sounds really pretty!

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:89207}[/ATTACH]
Oops! I’d put this on the wrong thread. My bad. My very, very bad. But here is my first sock in the making. I thought the pink and brown were close enough in value that they’d blend together more, but they don’t! These will satisfy the challenge color: PINK!

I love pink and brown together. These are going to be fun. :blush:

@KnitsWithHorses, the skein you’re getting has both of these wools in its blend, so I’m glad you like it!

Awesome!! I am not one to wear straight pink but you pair it with brown or green or both and I’m there for it!

I’ve been meaning to join the sock-a-long fun since November, but just didn’t have time. I’ve decided that I WANT to make my first pair of adult-sized socks (I’ve made one pair of baby socks, but that’s the extent of my sock-making experience) and I found some yarn I just love, so I am getting to it! I’m making these chunky socks using this gorgeous pink and cream Hygge yarn my daughter-in-law gave me. So here is my getting started picture!
[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:89446}[/ATTACH]

You go, girl!

Welcome @Nyssareen. I’m glad you are joining us.