February 2021 Sock KAL - Chat

Our theme for February is Love. Love can be hearts or it can be doing a pattern that your loved one especially appreciates. Tell us how your pattern says Loveđź’•!

Color of the month is Pink.

As always, you can knit any pattern or color you like but you get an extra entry in the prize drawing for using a pattern that goes with the theme and/or using the monthly color.

Chat about the KAL in this thread and post your finished projects in the Finished Thread.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:88734}[/ATTACH]

I got this for Christmas and saved it for this month. Now I have to pick out a pattern that says “Love!”

Pretty!

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:88761}[/ATTACH]All ready to start! The sock pattern has hearts on it and one ball of yarn is pink-ish. It’s more of a light plum, but I think it’ll work. The two yarns aren’t very different in value, so the hearts will be very soft, not dramatic. I think I’ll do the hearts at the toe, but I want to do something different at the top. I don’t know what yet … time will tell!

Those colors are pretty together and I like that pattern.

I was thinking about using that pattern again this month too. I made my oldest daughter’s socks and middle daughter hat in December with that chart. I love it! I don’t use the actual pattern but that chart will be a regular goto for me. The recipients love it too.

Did you try the actual pattern and not like it?

That colorway looks so fun. :heart_eyes:

I just prefer toe up and using the toe, heel and cuff that I know work for me.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: IMG_20201231_124347_521.jpg Views: 0 Size: 138.4 KB ID: 88877”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“88877”,“data-size”:“medium”}[/ATTACH] @Pegg Thomas this is the socks I made in November during the holiday KAL. They are for my daughter who wears cowboy boots a lot so I made them tall.

@KnitsWithHorses, gotcha.

Yes, I remember. This pair inspired me to find the pattern. I’m not going to make the cuff top it calls for either, I did that on one pair and I’m not very fond of it. I’m thinking of a heart-shaped lace to knit down the top of each sock, stopping at the hearts on the toes. Maybe.

@Pegg Thomas That sounds really pretty!

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:89207}[/ATTACH]
Oops! I’d put this on the wrong thread. My bad. My very, very bad. But here is my first sock in the making. I thought the pink and brown were close enough in value that they’d blend together more, but they don’t! These will satisfy the challenge color: PINK!

I love pink and brown together. These are going to be fun. :blush:

@KnitsWithHorses, the skein you’re getting has both of these wools in its blend, so I’m glad you like it!

Awesome!! I am not one to wear straight pink but you pair it with brown or green or both and I’m there for it!

I’ve been meaning to join the sock-a-long fun since November, but just didn’t have time. I’ve decided that I WANT to make my first pair of adult-sized socks (I’ve made one pair of baby socks, but that’s the extent of my sock-making experience) and I found some yarn I just love, so I am getting to it! I’m making these chunky socks using this gorgeous pink and cream Hygge yarn my daughter-in-law gave me. So here is my getting started picture!
[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:89446}[/ATTACH]

You go, girl!

Welcome @Nyssareen. I’m glad you are joining us.