December 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Posts

This yarn is gorgeous!

Very nice! You and I both love those shorty socks, eh?

Fun stripes!

I posted these in the chat, but I guess I should post them here too, for the drawing. Both done through the heels … on the THIRD try!

KrautHeels2 12-29-20.jpg

KrautHeels1 12-29-20.jpg

They are looking great!

It really is a beautiful and creative pattern. Hopefully it ends up feeling like it was worth the trouble.

@Pegg Thomas I have had multiple DVTs in my leg so the right one is pretty messed up and considerably bigger than the left. Much easier to adjust for that with a shorty. :wink: Is fun making knee socks for daughters or granddaughter once in a while but it feels like it takes foreeeever compared to my shorties!

I’m at “that” age where I’m always - always - hot. The shorty socks I can wear, but I can’t handle all the bulk and warmth up my legs anymore. Here’s hoping that at some point I’ll be able to again!

What yarn is this? I love the colors.

I’m also loving this yarn. I edited my post to include the yarn info. I purchased it from our LYS when she was going out of business, I don’t know if it’s still available.

These are beautiful, glad the third time was the charm.

And here is a post for holiday theme since these are my Christmas gift for my daughter, Gini. I’ll be giving my kids their gifts on New Years Day. I’m not going to claim sparkly since in this spiral pattern the little sparkly bits in the white yarn aren’t really even visible.

20201230_224251.jpg

They look great. I’m sure she will love them.

They look great!

Got them done with a day to spare!

Woo-Hee! I finished them before the year was out. :slight_smile: Feelin’ pretty spunky about that. These are the Kraut pattern by General Hogbuffer. The heels were a challenge, but they are beautiful. I’m less impressed with the rest of the sock. They don’t fit the best, being a little baggy due to the elongated gusset. Also, the pattern is off with the toes. It says to knit until 2" from the desired end. That didn’t look right to me, so I stopped 2.5" from the desired end, and I still had to quit before the pattern ran out because the socks were getting too long. I won’t knit the exact pattern again, but I might use parts of it with a more traditional foot.

c633c283e7772a73d47d37d0b29176d9jpg.jpg

4554740bdef2febcd3bca4fcc824d207jpg.jpg

c0c63508cc0080025d64f2a5ca0a94c8jpg.jpg

I’m impressed that you got those done! I always run into issues with highly stylized sock patterns.

@knitter131 - Congratulations! You won the December Sock KAL prize. Please PM your mailing address to me.

C7A780DE-7557-4CFF-AD07-54FBAEADC7D5.jpeg

Congrats @knitter131 !

Congratulations @knitter131 !