December 2020 Sock KAL - Finished Posts

They DO look soft, I agree with @lovestostitch ! Miracle on 34th Street is a Christmas classic; I think we’ll have to dig that one out and watch it again.

Oh yeah! Forget Netflix and chill, I’m all about Netflix and knit! You know I haven’t watched a single Christmas movie yet this year. Maybe that will help me actually make some progress on my socks. Lol

@KnitsWithHorses, I may be the only person left in the U.S. without Netflix.

@Pegg Thomas - I don’t have Netflix but I do have Amazon Prime which gives me Prime Video. We used to have Netflix but when coronavirus first started, we decided having Prime delivery was going to be a valuable option. It also gives me curbside pickup at Whole Foods. We didn’t need two video services so we quit Netflix and signed up for Prime.

I’ve been enjoying watching a lot of historical BBC movies while I knit.

@lovestostitch, I don’t have Prime either. Actually, I’m not that much of a TV watcher. I prefer to have the radio on. :slight_smile: Guess I’m old-fashioned that way.

No Netflix here either, I cancelled it over a year ago when we found we were not watching it enough to justify the exepense. We do have prime, but don’t watch much there either.

I have a few shows I watch on Hulu like The Voice and I used to watch Big Bang Theory but mostly I watch Acorn, and Prime when I watch anything. My TV is on maybe 3 or 4 hours a week tops. But then occasionally I’ll go on a binge and watch 3 seasons of something in a day or two. Lol My daughter has Netflix but I rarely watch it these days. Honestly there isn’t much they are making in recent years that interests me. Mostly I have an audio book or a podcast going.

I’m with you, @KnitsWithHorses, they just don’t make many shows that interest me enough to watch them.

Beautiful!

For mindless entertainment (to have on in the background while we multi-task with divided attention), we enjoy Hallmark movies… especially now the Hallmark Christmas movies. Somewhat predictable, but pleasant. It’s often fun to guess the plot twists and ending.

While they may make us nostalgic for days we’ve never known and sentimental for memories we’ve never made, Hallmark movies are a slice of Americana… featuring songs/carols, foods, and traditions from many parts of the country… while always promoting the idea of family. Hallmark movies can be a positive addition to many routines over the holidays. https://www.hallmarkchannel.com/movies

Finished my blue-gray-purple blend socks. Nothing fancy here, just straight knitting. The heathering is so pretty that I didn’t want to detract from that.

90fa18f805288fa24147210982d63440jpg.jpg

82277171152fecf7a6f2bbe3680fe2ecjpg.jpg

@qfknit My oldest daughter, Bonni, LOVES Hallmark. She watches ALL the movies and knows the Christmas ones by heart. She is a pretty strong, firece woman so that surprises a lot of people who don’t know her. I prefer the Hallmark mystery Channel but I have both with my Prime membership as add ons or whatever they call it. But I would love it if they weren’t all about 20 and 30 somethings. I still prefer Britbox and Acorn for the most part. But at least I know where to go when I need an infusion of inspiration, hope and old fashioned values that aren’t ridiculed.

I agree, the color shading in the yarn is a feature in its own right. Very nice!

I weighed them and the pair weighs 2.2 ounces. I have 2.0 ounces of the yarn left. Whatdaya think? Navy heels and toes to create another pair?

I think Navy would look nice :slight_smile:

These are beautiful and I love the idea of another pair with navy heels and toes.

Beautiful socks. Definitely like the thought of another pair with navy offsets.

1 point : Finished Christmas Socks

IMG_2875.JPG

Very cheery!

Looks great, @PurlgirlButtons !
I’m curious - there seems to be an opening on the side of the cuff… is there a story behind this…?