August 2022 chatter

Here is what I finished this week. I miss playing with this yarn.
One thing I did notice was that there was not the same amount of each color in each skein. Even though the lot numbers were the same. For my shawl, it isn’t going to bother me. However, if I was making something where I wanted the colors to play the same as I went along then I would have been disappointed.

Perhaps this is what happens with Noro yarn. Has anyone else noticed something similar?

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend. I am down with covid again. This is day two, so I am expecting a high fever anytime now.
Time for some mindless yarn work just to keep my hands busy.
Stay well, everyone.

20220801_182747.jpg

20220801_182925.jpg

1 Like

That’s neat!

I hope you feel better soon.

I don’t think I’ve used Noro yarn before, but I have had that happen with other yarns before. I made some socks last year with self-striping yarn (can’t remember what brand it was, but it was commercially produced, not indie) and there were two sections in each sock where the colors did vastly different things (one was a blue/white faux fair isle but the other had solid blue, and one had dark grey and the other had white), even though the yarn was from the same ball. I was kind of disappointed because I had managed to make the patterns match exactly except for where the yarn itself got the pattern wrong, but they are still cute socks!

Great discussion!
We bring out a wreath and a beloved table runner for the beginning of advent. Stockings and other decorations on 12/5 for St. Nick to come that night. Tree goes up when our older son comes home usually the Friday before 12/25 and stays up until 1/6.
I have a retail store and we put up the Christmas and winter giftware in November because people tend to buy it before Thanksgiving for hostess gifts and decorating their own home.

Yes I have noticed the color repeats are not exactly the same length on Noro. I like the effect myself

@Char my youngest ​​​​​​ son is a high school senior this fall. Last back to school ever.

I love that yarn! And the socks look great too!

I just took my senior out to drive for the first time.

I lived. Lol

These are adorable! I’ve never tried GSR’s, I have to look that up.

I love these.

I love it, I want to make this pattern with Christmas fabric.

This is beautiful, I hope you feel better soon.

We had a summer cold go through the family and after recovering from that, I smashed my toe moving a bookcase. I’m hoping I can get a pedicure by next Easter.

I feel like I have done the “reverse” - I forget what it is called top down. But it has been so long I don’t recall Anything about it. :frowning:

Oh no! I hope the cold is out, and your toe feels better than it looks. :fk:

@FreedomLover Ouch. I hope you didn’t break your toe.

So glad the summer cold is over and you are all well.

@Sjuly I think you are wise to put them out when you do for your retail store. Speaking of that… Can you tell us a bit about your store? Do you have a web site??

Looks really good

I stubbed my toe on a patio chair last month and had a very purple toe. It was hard to find a polish that coordinated. :slight_smile: