August 2020 Sock KAL Chat - Think Garden Harvest!

These reminded me of watermelon. I think I must have it on the brain.

Just a little update that I am working on socks this month just have limited time on them so slow going. I am sure I’ll finish both these pair within the month though. They were both started before the first so they have to be finished before I can post them.
The shorties are almost done but Ryley’s Garden are supposed to be knee socks so i still have a ways to go on them.

20200817_075328.jpg

I still love those red, white, and blue. :slight_smile:

When you have time, I’d love to see a better picture of the Ryley’s Garden socks to see the pattern in action.

@Char how’s this?

IMG_20200817_105035.jpg

@knitter131 I think I will. This one will be pretty easy to write up I think, unlike Home of the Brave. I’ve seen similar lace in various stitch dictionaries and so forth over the years but I’m darned if I can remember them.

Yep, me too on liking the red white & blue ones. And Riley’s going to love those socks whenever you get them done.

They are very fancy and so pretty!

Oh yes - this is a beautiful pair as well! :slight_smile: I would be interested in seeing the pattern too :wink:

Do I detect a panel of leaf lace…?
:slight_smile:

Gorgeous! I love that this started with hand dying and is ending with these gorgeous socks.

Here’s my start of green socks. This is only green sock yarn in my stash. And it’s not enough for a pair of socks, so cuff, heel and toes will be of different colour. I’m using a beautiful leaf pattern, one which I use for Fiberkind Birthday blanket squares.

IMG_20200819_174639.jpg

It’s a garden party! They are are going to be very fancy.

Very nice!

Love it!! I very much admired the leaf pattern in your blocks. :slight_smile:

The leaves look beautiful on socks!

These are going to be beautiful.

My first sock! About to start the heel turn. What fun! Based on “The Perfect Baby Sock” by Denine Currie.

IMG_20200825_113702.jpg

Is it going to be a baby sock or you are just using that pattern as a how to? I love the colors.

That is an amazing first sock! I’m super impressed.

Oh, how exciting you’re making your first sock - I’m sure it will be the first of many! Love the colors and your stitch definition is really good!