August 2020 Sock KAL Chat - Think Garden Harvest!

Our theme this month is: Garden Harvest. You can be creative in your pattern choice - just tell us how your pattern makes you think about harvesting a garden.

This month’s color is: Green - for all those zucchinis being picked!

As always, you can knit any pattern or color you like but you get an extra entry in the prize drawing for using a pattern that goes with the theme and/or using the monthly color.

Chat about the KAL in this thread and post your finished projects in the Finished thread.

Started these socks this morning, I was excited to get going on them. I hunted around for some “Harvest” socks, and found some free from Knit Picks called “September: First Harvest Socks”. They are toe up, with two different charted patterns, lace, twisted stitches and cables. The greens in this hand dyed yarn remind me of green peppers, cukes , and zucchini. Yarn is Ice Hand Dyed Sock Yarn.

EB5802FA-6BC0-4F9E-BD7A-B01FBF9E82E9.jpeg

These are perfect!

Absolutely perfect! And I love that tonal green!

Yes that green is very nice. It reminds me of the variations in the field crops as you drive by.

Hey knitters! To go along with our Garden Harvest theme, you can earn an extra entry into the prize drawing by posting a picture of your finished socks taken in your garden. Then tell us a little something about your garden. Weedy pictures allowed!!

I started my “Garden Sprinkles” socks. The body of the socks will be green with pink cuffs, heel and toes. The pattern makes a simple textured sock. After a hard day of gardening and processing, I need a simple pattern!

B264A91D-8039-48BB-9F4A-E8D54205D2A9.jpeg

Very pretty!

So bright and cheerful! I love it!!

Beautiful colors!

Hi everyone!!! I made this bag for our Garden Harvest prize this month! :-). Hope you like it!!

6FA8BAFF-66A0-4ADF-8658-E06CEFA8A4A3.jpeg

Oh this is absolutely perfect for this month! You do such nice work.

I don’t know how this happens - I think I’m posting a comment and it’s a post. User error, I know, I know. :wink:

Thank you. :-). It’s all good.

I’m with you on simple–right now I need a pattern that is easy and mindless with all the gardening and canning! I’ll have to dig out my green yarn and get to work!

I love it!

Thank you :slight_smile:

ooo, these are happy ones, I like them already!

Perfect prize for this month!

Love love love it!!! I think I’ve mentioned that I am vegetarian, right? Where did you find that fabric?

That’s a great one!