#2 - Tunisian Purl Stitch - TPS

So sorry to hear about your hooks.

Gosh that’s frustrating! It’s no fun tracking down packages. I hope it mysteriously turns up somewhere!

Oh, that’s too bad! I’ve been in your shoes and I know it can be so frustrating and disappointing. I hope it turns up!

Thanks y’all. In keep thinking how much more frustrated bi would be if I hadn’t gotten that surprise hook in my yarn box.
@Char I already asked all the kids if they received it as well as my closest neighbors. Nobody has seen it. It was an actual Amazon delivery van, not USPS. I reported it missing with Amazon. Not sure what happens next.

Well, I started my square, and I’m not finding it particularly fiddly I just have to remember that I’m purling and not doing the TSS stitch. Disclaimer though, I knit continental and therefore the motions for crochet are very similar to my knitting motions. All yarn carried in the left hand and the TPS is very similar in feel to my continental knitting purl stitch.

@crosstitchlinda you just made my day! I supposed to be learning continental knitting so I can learn to knit socks and am still only about halfway through the class. If this motion is similar then I’m going to use that patience Char gave me and TexasPurl thinks I have and get this thing down. I think my frustration comes from the unfamiliarity of the motions; it makes me. go. slow. and Idon’tliketodo that. I can’t wait to see it!

@KnitsWithHorses, I’m waiting on hooks like you are so I can find out too!

Started on the TPS. It is a bit slower going right now but I’m sure I’ll get a rhythm going. I’m kind of experimenting with which way I prefer to pull the loop through.

20200823_192942.jpg

@pinesprairie Are your wrists doing better? Hopefully your needles won’t get dropped at the wrong house. Lol

Experimenting is somewhere in the definition of learning I think. I can see where you switched how you pull through - the bottom looks more like knit purling whereas the top few rows not as much. I like the colors!

@KnitsWithHorses Is that what happened to your hooks - they went to the wrong house? That’s too bad.

Wrists do feel better so just waiting on these new hooks. Thanks for asking.

I also experimented until I found the look and the least piddly, then frogged it and started over. This square is slightly smaller in size than the TSS, but will easily stretch when they are sewn together.

Looking good.

I finished my Tunisian Purl Stitch yesterday. Lightly spritzed it. :slight_smile:

Now waiting for Saturday…

2C13B8C4-E599-40A6-9E1C-4AE365C1A251.jpeg

Well done! They look great!

Looks great!! Now I need to catch up.

@knitter131 - I am considering all this cream color if I have enough of it. I have 10 100g skeins. I would think that would be enough. I’m debating on if I will trim it in a bold dark color, or leave it as cream. I could go a deep green or purple. Or even a dark brown. :slight_smile:

I think a deep green would be outstanding.

Well done!

@DJM - deep green would look marvelous. :slight_smile:

Thank you everyone. :fk:

Here is my TPS

If you look closely you’ll see where I accidentally switched to TSS for half a row. I was almost bound off before I saw it so I let it stand.

2c37f7f2965f65e9f13c13490e088dbfjpg.jpg