#14 - Tunisian Seed Stitch

[SIZE=18px]Hello everyone & welcome back! Today we explore the Tunisian Seed Stitch![/SIZE]

[SIZE=16px]A Video tutorial is available from CrochetKim

The Tunisian Seed Stitch is a combination stitch that creates a lot of texture without adding weight to the design. It requires a 2 row repeat on an even number of stitches with alternating TKS & TRS. It has very little curl.[/SIZE] [HR][/HR]
[SIZE=16px]Written instructions:

Foundation Row: (Basic TSS Foundation) [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=16px]Create an even number of chains[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px](1) Insert your hook into the second chain from the hook.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px](2) Yarn over and pull up a loop. Leave that loop on your hook.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]Repeat steps 1&2 across the row. This is your "Forward Pass". Don't turn your work.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]Yarn over and draw through one loop only. (Yarn over and draw through two loops.) Repeat () to the end. You should have one loop on your hook.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][B]Tunisian Seed Stitch [/B][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px][B]Row 1 - Forward pass.[/B] Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, *insert the hook into the next vertical bar as to TKS and pull up a loop, insert the hook through the back vertical bar of the next stitch as to TRS and pull up a loop*, repeat *-* to last stitch, insert the hook under the 2 vertical bars of the last stitch and pull up a loop. Basic Return Pass[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px][B]Row 2 - Forward pass.[/B] Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, *insert the hook through the back vertical bar of the next stitch as to TRS and pull up a loop, insert the hook into the next vertical bar as to TKS and pull up a loop*, repeat *-* to last stitch, insert the hook under the 2 vertical bars of the last stitch and pull up a loop. Basic Return Pass[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px]Repeat rows 1 & 2 to the desired length.

Bind off in TSS.[/SIZE]

• [SIZE=16px]Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, *yo, insert the hook under the next vertical bar and pull through all loops*, repeat *-* to last stitch, yo, insert the hook under the 2 vertical bars of the last stitch and pull through all loops. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]Chain 1, cut the yarn and pull through the loop to fasten off.[/SIZE]
[HR][/HR] Free Pattern Tunisian Seed Stitch Dishcloth (Written) [HR][/HR]

Seed.png

Seed.jpg

Thanks so much for another great stitch!! :fk:

I’m a few weeks behind on the tutorial squares, hoping to get them up to date his weekend. Thanks, @TexasPurl for continuing to provide these beautiful patterns!

I’m making another scarf with this stitch. It was easy to learn, but I do have to count every few rows.

I loved working with this stitch!! :fk:

DSCN6447.JPG

This is perfect for the hotpads I want to make for my dil. I hope it works up nice in the cotton. I discovered (I’m actually feeling kinda dumb) that the cotton blend I have been making my hot pads with will kinda melt if it gets too hot. It had polyester in it! Duh Natalie!

Here my Seed St block. It really is a fun stitch.

IMG_20201117_133527.jpg

I love your block!!

@DJM Thank you! This is one I’ll definitely use a lot i think.

The block looks great!

Such a pretty block!

Very nice!

It is Dec 02 2020 and I am just starting this block. (anyone else doing this block a bit late?)

The link above was a great help for those of us who need a visual with our lessons.

It has been a while since I have done the reverse stitch, so I am finding it a bit awkward. Hopefully it will feel a little more natural as I get a few rows in.

I hope to finish this block up within the next two days.

I agree, the first few rows were a challenge, then as the block increased it was much easier to do.

I finished. :stuck_out_tongue:
Not super happy with my work.
I almost tore it all out and started again because it looks so similar to another weeks.
Decided to keep it as is for now. I followed the directions as carefully as I could.

Resized_20201204_142451.jpeg

It looks good!!

I think it looks good! I use the reverse stitch at least a little bit on the edges of things so I don’t find it fiddly anymore really. For some reason though I still have trouble with messy edges sometimes.

I’m working my way through the squares. I really like this seed stitch, it started out kind of finicky, but by the time I finished, it was easy :blush:

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:85624}[/ATTACH]

Looks good!!

Thank you :blush: