#10 - Tunisian Double Stitch

[SIZE=16px]Hello everyone! Today we examine the Tunisian Double Stitch!

Video tutorials for the Double Stitch are available from The Crochet Crowd & Darlene Michaud.

The Tunisian Double Stitch is another utility stitch to enhance basic stitches. It’s made much the same as a traditional double crochet stitch with out closing the stitch. This technique adds height to the simple stitch, knit stitch, reverse stitch or any of the variations of these stitches in addition to texture and density. It creates a open fabric with lovely drape. Bonus - no curl![/SIZE] [HR][/HR]
[SIZE=16px]Written instructions:

Foundation Row: [/SIZE]

• [SIZE=16px]Create any number of chains.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px](1) YO, insert your hook into the back bump of the third chain from the hook.[/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px](2) yo and pull up a loop, yo, pull through 2 loops . [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]Repeat steps 1&2 across the row. This is your "Forward Pass". Don't turn your work. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]Yarn over and draw through one loop only. (Yarn over and draw through two loops.) Repeat () to the end. You should have one loop on your hook.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][I][B]Double Stitch[/B][/I][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px][B]Forward pass.[/B] Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, ch1, *yo, insert the hook under the next vertical bar and pull up a loop, yo, pull through 2 loops*, repeat *-* to last stitch, yo, insert the hook under the 2 vertical bars of the last stitch and pull up a loop, yo, pull through 2 loops. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px][B]Return pass.[/B] Basic Return Pass[/SIZE]
[SIZE=16px][I][B]Bind off in pattern.[/B][/I][/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]Skip first vertical bar directly beneath the loop on the hook, *yo, insert the hook under the next vertical bar and pull up a loop, yo, pull through all loops*, repeat *-* to last stitch, yo, insert the hook under the 2 vertical bars of the last stitch and pull up a loop, yo, pull through all loops. [/SIZE]
  • [SIZE=16px]Chain 1, cut the yarn and pull through the loop to fasten off.[/SIZE]
[HR][/HR][SIZE=16px][I][B]Free Patterns[/B][/I]

Tunisian Double Trouble Afghan (Video & Written)
The Snowball Throw (Written)[/SIZE] [HR][/HR]

TDS.jpg

PXL_20201015_221834632.jpg

TDS.png

TDS.png

I can’t wait to get started on another great stitch… Thank you @TexasPurl for all these great resources and spearheading this journey!!

You’re welcome! I hope you enjoy this one.

I loved making this square. I can see a wrap make with this stitch.

DSCN6337 (2).jpg

This looks great!

That looks great! I love the feel of it on the scarf I made.

I noticed my right side edge was very tight. As I noticed in the videos, I saw they both did a chain one before beginning to pick up bars on the forward pass. This made all the difference! My left side edge is still a little tight, but it should block out nicely. I used a large hook, as I wanted to see how it would look with some drape. This stitch would make a beautiful scarf - even the back side looks nice!

EE311E7F-C24C-4D5D-8C17-36DF0E04B8F3.jpeg

Thank you both!!

Looks great!! I agree the chain one worked best.

Nice! The ch1 omission is my fault. Apologies. I have it on my chart, but forgot it in the written instructions. I’ll get that corrected.

late posting the picture for week 10.
I thought this one was fun and quick to work up.

Resized_20201022_154845.jpeg

Another beautiful block!!

Wow, @TexasPurl you are up with the birds this morning! This stitch looks great, and I’ll be getting started with it this morning. Thanks for all the work you are doing to provide these tutorials for us :two_hearts:

You’re welcome! This one makes a really nice drapey fabric.