What are you working on

Thought it would be fun to share what projects we might be working on. I started doing cross stitch again after a many year hiatus. This was my first project I started which I was able to finish the stitching on in about a week. I still need to wash and press it to get it ready for finishing. I am still trying to decide how I want to display it.

I also started a second project, this one will take me a bit longer. It is a Christmas stocking (the design is Early Snow Cardinals). I started gridding out my fabric with sewing thread that I remove before starting to stitch the row. Just ordered some light weight fishing line that planning on trying that I can leave in until the project is done.

I also found a pattern that reminds me of Thomas Kincaid paintings which will be a long running project. Eventually I will start setting up for that one.

What are you guys working on?

4382E84C-BB86-4B6C-903A-CADAF8BB98C0.jpeg

A9EBDC33-DE6D-4262-BE61-75E46EFA616E.jpeg

I came back to cross-stitch a few years ago after not stitching for years. Have you discovered Stitching With the Housewives on YouTube? They, Priscilla and Chelsea, are so much fun!! They’ve begun creating their own designs; Priscilla draws them and Chelsea charts them. I recently bought three of Priscilla’s Chalk Full designs that she made in collaboration with Cathy of Hands on Design and started Bloom a couple of days ago and have worked on it steadily :slight_smile:

image_7623.jpg

This is very pretty! I haven’t cross-stitched in many years but I use to do it often. I recently did a little surface cross-stitch on crochet for the birthday block and it got me wanting more!

This is beautiful! I don’t cross stitch nearly as much as I used to but I still enjoy it.

Jump back into it, the “water” is fine :wink: There are SOOO many amazing designs! I don’t buy many but love Little House Needleworks Sheep Virtues and Priscilla Blaine’s designs :fk:

@Kathy7661 Do you have a tablet? or KnitCompanion? Depending on the size of your chart, you could take a picture of it or scan it and enter it onto a tablet or KnitCompanion… if you want to, I can give you more details on how to do this.

I also have a long term Christmas project going, stockings for my grandchildren. I had two when I started and now I have four so they’ll be a UFO for some time to come.

@Sings4joy I checked my pattern and it’s quite big. In fact, I copied and printed the pattern in sections so I have 4 pages now. I also checked out KnitCompanion and it looks pretty cool. Do you have to have the paid version in order to enter your own pattern?
I think I may get reacquainted with my cross-stitch project!! I’ll try to take a picture today to share what I’ve done so far.

@FreedomLover Lol, you need to catch up on your growing family! It would be a treasure to have cross-stitch Christmas stockings. I was tempted years ago to do it but never committed to it.

@Kathy7661 You don’t need the paid version of KnitCompanion. Scan the pages onto your computer, save/label them by page number (or however you want to save them), they will be saved as PDF, right click on the files and move them into DropBox. On KnitCompanion, you should see the DropBox next to Local. Open Dropbox and look for the names of your files under “PDF”. When you open the file, you can name the project.

I just did this myself, just to make sure I had the correct steps and I’m still so amazed at what we can do with technology!! to be able to zoom in and out on a pattern is just fantastic!!

@Sings4joy Thank you so much for the step by step instructions…this is very helpful!!

Wow–It’s been years since I did counted crosstitch as well; I did quite a bit of it until I got into doing more knitting and spinning and now weaving. But the Knit Companion would definitely be ideal for that! You can take any pattern and make it into a pdf if it’s not already, and then upload it into KC. I keep it on my tablet and I love it for detailed patterns. I’ve even taken photos of my pattern book pages, converted them to pdf, and then uploaded them into the KC. That little sliding marker (one for vertical and one for horizontal) is SO handy! It stays put from wherever you left off. I used to have a magnetic board with a magnet strip for my counted crosstitch, but the truth is, this is so much handier, in my opinion.

These are so pretty! :slight_smile: Makes me think about cross stitch again… not sure if my hands will handle it though.

Another project I’ve been working on is called Bloomtopia which is a fundraiser for the Make A Wish foundation in memory of Priscilla Blaine’s oldest grandchild who passed away about a year ago. Priscilla is the mother of the mother/daughter team of The Real Housewives of CrossStitch. they have a weekly podcast which is just so lovely and fun!! It’s all clean fun, which I love! The pattern for Bloomtopia can be found at The Fat Quarter Shop online. ​​​​​​​

IMG_2152.JPG

I love the quilt looks in this! Such a worthy cause!

I hadn’t heard of this podcast, I need to check this out. Your stitching is absolutely beautiful and for such a great cause.

Beautiful piece! You inspire me to keep going on my cross stitch.

@Char the original design WAS a quilt design that worked up for cross stitch!

@FreedomLover The podcast is such a joy!! Do check it out; they have a new podcast each Saturday about noonish or early afternoon EST. And thank you so much! they also have a Facebook page, Stitching with the Housewives.

Thank you @kathy7661!! Come join the FB group for more motivation :wink: