To frog, or not to frog...

[LEFT][SIZE=13px]Sometimes a design, a yarn, a pattern, or a fit, just doesn’t work out. It can be VERY hard to decide whether or not to frog a project that you’ve sweated, fretted, and cried over.
Okay, maybe that’s a bit dramatic, but you know what I mean. You found a pattern, shopped for yarn, couldn’t wait to cast on, and then…Ugh. [/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT][SIZE=13px]Let’s (gently) help each other let go of those projects that just aren’t right. I think it’s likely that we all have a project (or 2, or 10 :eek:)[/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT][SIZE=13px]hanging around that won’t ever be completed.
Post them here, and let the community encourage you to keep it or frog it.
Tell us why you are reluctant to riiiipppit, riiiipppit. Maybe there is sentimental value that you just can’t let go of, or you’re frustrated that you spent SO. MUCH. TIME. on the project![/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT][SIZE=13px]I’ll go first…[/SIZE][/LEFT]

[LEFT][SIZE=13px]This is the Acacia Reversible Pullover (hopefully the pic is there, some folks have commented that they can’t see it). It was my first sweater, and I never completed it. It was frustrating because it was knit in four pieces and seamed together. I’m not gonna lie, my seams were terrible, and not for lack of trying! I seamed and re-seamed SO many times. [/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT][SIZE=13px]I also don’t like the way the sleeves attach to the body. There is no flow, they look like what they are, two tubes stitched to a rectangle. Ugh. UGH I say!! [/SIZE][/LEFT]
[LEFT][SIZE=13px]The collar was bugging me too. So, in my INFINATE novice knitter wisdom (lol)[/SIZE][SIZE=13px], I decided to try to make it a turtleneck. I think we all see how that turned out…[/SIZE][/LEFT]

H[SIZE=13px]ere is why I kinda want to keep it. This was my first attempt at a sweater! I like to pull it out every once in a while just to see how much I’ve progressed as a knitter. If I finish it, I will likely never wear it outside of my house, and that’s a real shame because the yarn I used is scrumptious!![/SIZE] [LEFT][SIZE=13px]So, to frog, or not to frog? That is my question! Comment below.
Gently! Comment gently below :wink:

Who’s next? C’mon show us your WILPF’s (works in limbo pending frogging) :smiley: [/SIZE][/LEFT]

WP_20190719_15_33_05_Pro (2).jpg

Oh, I wish I had seen this earlier…Im famous for getting halfway done, then frogging . Or worse, an entire project, then deciding I didn’t like it, and spending way too much time frogging it to death. I suppose its because I am sort of a perfectionist, but its actually a curse. I finally started a piece Ive been dying to do, worked on it about a week, then snagged a ONE stitch with my nail. It kept bothering me…instead of just removing to the point of the “icky” stitch, I started over again. …UGH…

As to your project, the picture wasn’t showing at the time Im writing this…maybe its my curse eeking thru the computer!!! LOL

Lol, I know what you mean about 1 stitch bugging you to death. Been there!
Oh no! The picture isn’t showing?! Hmmm. I wonder what’s up with that…

I have no qualms about frogging once I’ve made that decision. Sometimes it’s just that a sweater doesn’t look good on me, and then I’ll donate it. Out of sight, out of mind.

I’m kind of a minimalist. I like to keep things simple. Keep only what I will use, that sort of thing.

I did keep my very first knitting project. It’s a horrible, wonky red scarf on fingering yarn and size one needles. From the 1950’s. Memories. Hey, don’t laugh, I was five!

Oh pleeeease show us the wonky scarf!

I’m not terribly sentimental. I don’t mind frogging if something isn’t living up to expectations. If I won’t use it and can’t think of someone who can, I won’t keep it. I want less useless stuff in my life, not more. But I know others are more sentimental, so I try to be understanding. Different strokes for different folks, eh?

I’ve become so good at frogging that I rarely think twice about it anymore. Yes I have unraveled many nearly finished sweaters. About 6-7 last year and a couple this year.

I’m good at frogging to fix an issue up to the halfway point. After that, the issue is part of the project FOREVER! Lol.

When in doubt rip it, rip it aka frogging. If you are like me I am bull headed and plow through it, and never like it/wear it because I see all the boo’s. So now instead of trying to fix it I either unknit it to the boo boo or just start over. Then I like the project so much better.

My daughter gave me a pattern and the yarn to go with it - I made it and it really does nothing to flatter me so it lies in my drawer and I feel guilty every time I see it. But, but … it’s from my daughter … it’s a pattern she picked … how can I do anything at all with it? (Mom guilt)

Mom guilt. It’s surprisingly heavy.
Do you think your daughter would be upset if you frogged it and re-used the yarn for something that you would wear?

Also, someone in an earlier post said they couldn’t see the picture I put in my original post. Can you see it, or do I need to contact tech support? Thanks for your help!

@BonBon - I can’t see it either - just the little square with an X in it, but it might be my computer - I used to get that at times at R.

If I liked the yarn (!) I’d consider frogging and making something else - but it’s a variegated green that pools something awful so not sure what else I could make out of it.

Hey! Will you do me a REALLY big favor? Would you refresh your screen and see if the picture shows up now? Thank you, thank you, thank you!!

Nada. Nope. Nothing. (Apparently I need at least 10 characters in a comment!)

I have tried and tried to make sure the picture in the original post shows up. I’m not sure why this has been such an epic issue :confused:
I’ve posted pics from the same computer, the same file source, and using the same method many times on this site. Apparently the computer gremlins have decided today is not my day. Ack! Technology :mad:
Please “raise your hand” if you can see the gray sweater in the original post.

I can see it!

@Hellokitten
YAY!!

I see it, looks good. Would a good soak and blocking help?

Can see it now so you must have done something different!

@annekepoot
Whew! I don’t know what I did (if anything) I just posted, deleted, posted, deleted like a mad woman trying to get that to work. I was always able to see it, so it was really frustrating trying to figure out what happened!