Spin De Fleece Progress Reports

All gorgeous! I think I am in love with the lavender. :heart:

What beautiful fine spinning! The fiber is beautiful too!

Thanks for sharing the TdF update! I was sad not to have watched any of it the last 2 days! I hope to at least get to watch the highlights some time today!

I love your analogy!!! But it’s such a nice yarn to have all spun up! Congrats on your progress and enjoy your “chocolate cake” this week!

@Grammaresa, I suppose you could say I deliberately didn’t, but the truth is I flat forgot! I’m so grateful to you for bringing it up so I could get my Traditional better set up for lace. I still need to tweak it just a bit more, but it’s coming along nicely. I do prefer the poly drive band to the cotton one, but I’m going to try switching to the cotton brake band and see how that goes.

And thank you all! I’m loving how they’re turning out. I’m not sure what they’ll ultimately be, but if the BFL / Silk set turns out as I hope it will, I’ll probably put it on the loom as a pattern weft. That silk/cashmere is going to be a knitted soft something for winter, I think.

Nice yardage and I love those colors! You will definitely have plenty for a large shawl. :slight_smile:

@rkennell , it seemed like it fit!

These are all gorgeous! I especially love the green in the last photo. Did you say that’s BFL/silk? That’s one of my favorite blends to spin, and your yarns are going to be so pretty.

I know how you feel! One year for TdF, I spun a bunch of natural brown BFL, which didn’t look too exciting compared to everyone who was spinning multi-colored braids. Are you going to keep these in the natural color or do you plan to dye?

Great spinning, @Stitch81… I love your finished skein. Very pretty! :slight_smile:

Yep, absolutely join us! The more the merrier!

I just noticed we can comment directly to a post! Love this! All the comments are with the post it addresses! Admin is doing awesome!

Wow. That’s beautiful

I had a great start in the first week, and then my grandbaby happened! (see avatar) and so I’m now at my son’s, taking care of the grandpuppy and helping with the grandbaby after they come back from the hospital. Hopefully can join back in next week!

What a beautiful reason to take a break from spinning! Congratulations! I hope everyone is doing well.

@AmazedbyGrace, I THINK the green on the Ashford is merino/silk, but I lost the label. The top photo is BFL from Frabjous Fibers and the second photo is from the silk hankies in the same colorway, also from FF.

Got 45 minutes of peaceful spinning in Saturday morning before anyone else woke up.
Then this afternoon I did a little more blending. I’m reasonably happy with the uniformity I’m getting by weighing the fiber to be blended, even though there seem to be issues with the merino. But I’m figuring things out. So glad for this challenge to push me to spin daily.

Spinning713.jpg

I posted this morning, but they may not have made it over. I’ll do it again, and if it turns out to be a double post, sorry.

I spun yesterday for probably 30+ minutes after my 3 year old and I spent 6 hours in the water. So it was quiet, cool and the smooth sound of the whirl was relaxing. This morning I did blending work.

Took my bunny roving and stretched it out and get some nubs out.

Not perfect, but it does not knot up as easily as before.

I did spin about an hour today, close to a half of bobbin spun. Will spin a full half bobbin and start a new bobbin. This way I can try to get the same amount on each bobbin and not waste any of the singles.

blending board.jpg

dizzed.jpg

My spinning progress for today.

EC3BCF46-62F3-49DB-B399-EF0960FEC45F.jpeg