Spin de Fleece 2021 - Checkpoint Thread

[SIZE=14px]This thread to be used for reporting your spinning days, time, grams, and yardage only. We do have a chatter thread. Please post general chatter there to make it easier for the scorekeepers. Thank you.

Please use the format provided, and post every few days at minimum.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16px]Post with the following Information for each date:
NAME:
Date:
Time Spun:
Grams Spun:
Finished Yards Spun:
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14px]A) You don’t have to post every day, and you can ‘catch up’ your posts throughout the week. However, I strongly encourage you to make sure you are caught up every few days. It’s easier to track a few days at a time, than to try to catch up the whole tour at the end!

B) You don’t have to report Grams every day, but please do not duplicate grams in your reports. For Example. You spin 100 grams of fiber, but it took you 3 nights to do it (Mon, Tues, Wed). You could report 33/34 grams for each Mon Tues & Wed, or you can report 100 grams on Wednesday and 0 for Mon and Tues. (Just make sure to let us know you spun each day M, T, W).

C) Yards spun means a finished skein. We will count single yardage plus Plied Yardage. Report yards only when you have completely finished a skein of yarn. (must be in a hank and ready to soak). (100 yards of 2 ply finished yarn would count as 300 yards spun). You will not have yardage to report every day (unless you are a very prolific spinner!). Finished skein = report yardage. In process means you do not report the yardage yet.

D) I will make the tracking spreadsheet visible to all participants, but I will update it with the designated helpers. If you feel there is a mistake, please private message me and I will be happy to correct it.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=18px]Please do not post here until June 26th![/SIZE]

NAME: Purlgirl Buttons
DATE: 6/26/21
TIME: 1:03
GRAMS: 21 (don’t laugh)

I won’t laugh. I have no idea how many grams I’ve spun yet, but I’m sure you are doing well. The point is to enjoy it, not to be a mass producer ! :slight_smile:

Name: Spice2s
Date 6/26/21
Time = 150 minutes (30 of this was on a drop spindle)
Grams - not measured yet
Yards - not measured yet.

NAME: Carlota
Date: 6-26-21
Time Spun: 2 hours
Grams Spun: .75 ounce/21 grams
Finished Yards Spun: TBD

Date: 6-27-21
Time Spun: 3 hours 20 minutes
Grams Spun: l ounce/ 28 grams

(Plying/measuring will be at the end of the spin)

That’s quite a bit of time there! You seem to be going at about the same pace as me. I am spinning thin, so the yardage will be there when I’m done, but it takes a while to go through the grams!

NAME: Purlgirl Buttons
DATE: 6/27/21
TIME: 1:30
GRAMS: 32

recorded.

Name: Sommerfugl.
Date 6/26/21
Time = 45 minutes. a very rainy day.
Grams - not measured yet
Yards - not measured yet.

@Spice2s Yes, I was a bit shocked when I added up the time. I was also very stiff when I got up from the last quarter of a batt! I’m aiming for 28 wpi - (hopefully will finish out at a sport or DK 2-ply). How about you?

[SIZE=16px]NAME: Crosstitchlinda
Date: 6/26
Time Spun: 30 min
Grams Spun: N/A
Finished Yards Spun: N/A
[/SIZE]

[SIZE=16px]NAME: Crosstitchlinda
Date: 6/27
Time Spun: 30 min
Grams Spun: N/A
Finished Yards Spun: N/A
[/SIZE]

This is on my wheel, I’ll start using my spindle on Thursday when we start traveling. I wonder how easy it will be to spin on the train?? Also do you think we should include how we’re spinning – wheel, spindle, e-spinner in the checkpoint information?

Date: 6-28-21
Time Spun: 3 hours 30 minutes
Grams Spun: 28

recorded.

recorded.

Yes, please let us know if you are spinning on something other than a traditional wheel. We are interested ! :slight_smile:

recorded.

What kind of spindle were you thinking of taking on the train? I used to spin a lot on a little Turkish spindle in the car. Supported spindles also work, provided that you are on the isle with room to draft toward the isle (whenever people aren’t walking past, of course).

@Carlota I will be taking a turkish spindle. I like how you end up with a center pull ball.

I agree - Turkish work well traveling. I just joined 9 turtles into one bobbin of singles and chain-plied them - it was a way to preserve the color sequence in the braid.

NAME: Purlgirl Buttons. :white_check_mark:
DATE: 6/28/21
TIME: 1:02
GRAMS: 25