Site Format

Hello there:

I’m really enjoying this site and although I know it’s a tremendous amount of work to get it started, at least have the knowledge that it is appreciated.

I have a question. Probably simple to all but me.

When I look at a list of new topics, some are highlighted in yellow (on my screen) while the rest are in beige. Is this supposed to mean something to me?

Thanks in advance for your help.

The yellow highlighted topics are set to be “sticky” so that they are always at the top of the list of topics.

Hi Susan…Just an FYI, the Tech Editor thread is for folks that Tech Edit patterns…the best place to post technical questions about the site is in Tech Support :slight_smile:

Sorry Diana. I didn’t realize that. Happy programming to you!

@rollinge Maybe renaming one of those forums would make things less confusing? I actually thought the “tech editors” forum was for people helping with site tech editing. LOL! Don’t know why I thought that - maybe because it’s in the general category. Anyway, just a thought.

moved this to Tech Support where the both issues can be better “considered”

as to “tech editors” It is in “general” because most who perform this service are often skilled in multiple crafts. But still something to think about how it could be better placed, while still accessible to all.

Good thoughts…as the site grows, some things may need to be renamed. Maybe in the meantime, I could put a sticky at the top of the thread explaining its purpose?

Hey Susan…No need to apologize :slight_smile: