September 2022 - Squishies and stuffies

yarn-felted scarves

with how-to-do it

FELTED SCARVES.docx (11.6 KB)

7 Likes

I’m planning to make this cutie later this month but I am having a hard time choosing my colors so I made a poll over here. I would love your input :blush::blush::blush:

5 Likes

that is cute!
it would help to see what choices of yarn you have available for the project
I’m boring in my choices and would make it latte (coffee with milk) or chocolate color with white face and pink insides of its ears - but it will be adorable which ever colors you choose

1 Like

Thank you Sonia! If you follow the link that I attached to the word “here” in my previous post it will take you to my poll that has my color choices that I am trying to decide from :grin:

got it - silly me - they’re all gorgeous yarns - but I did choose two

I’m going to put this here as a reminder for those doing the stashdown, it is Saturday and time to check in with your weekly totals. For anyone who hasn’t found it yet, here is a link to this weeks thread.weekly stashdown results

2 Likes

Here’s my tiny snail!

7 Likes

So adorable :snail:

Thankyou for the reminder.

Wow, so much going on. I still haven’t adjusted to this new website. I am not getting accurate notifications of new posts. Today it said 2 unread messages and I find this whole string of unread posts.

@Char - sorry I didn’t see your request about tomato canning tips but I was busy canning! I hope you got them processed.

I had the worst tomato harvest I have ever had. I think it was because of the new spot where I planted them this year - a spot where a cherry tree died of a bacterial disease a few years ago. But - I have generous gardening friends and got lots of donated tomatoes. I have been giving my neighbor home grown tomato plants each Spring. Yesterday he found out about my lack of tomatoes and gave me a bucket full from the plants I gave him! Today I made more sauce and canned it.

I’m almost ready for winter and knitting!

2 Likes

My Chloë doll from SBA’s book Spud and Chloë at the Farm.

10 Likes

Did you make these Sonia?

yes - it was fun!

What a cool way to make a scarf!!!

@lovestostitch I haven’t tried the salsa yet, but hope to get that tomorrow. If you have any tips let me know. I’m planning on a low amount of ingredients version.

Got a few large jars of crushed tomatoes - hoping it works well for spaghetti sauce. :slight_smile:

Awww. How sweet. :slight_smile:

She is adorable! Thanks for sharing the pattern info.

My most important tip is to only use tested recipes and follow the safe canning methods to the letter. There are a lot of untested recipes on the internet and lots of unsafe advice. You can’t see, smell or taste botulism so the only thing you can do is can as safely as possible.

The National Center for Home Food Preservation is the leading source of safe information:

https://nchfp.uga.edu/#gsc.tab=0

She is adorable and huggable!

Want to make a simple stuffie gnome but I am having trouble finding a pattern that is knitting (not crochet) and is not downloaded from ravelry. Any links?

Or does someone have a basic recipe like knit a sphere then make a hat starting at % circumference of the sphere and decreasing every x round …

1 Like