Rigid Heddle Loom Brands

I love my 24 inch and had to wait a while for it because of Covid.

I received a reply from The Woolery and they are supposed to be receiving 20 of them today, yay! I think I’ll start with the 24" because of space, if my husband and I weren’t such hoarders I’d have plenty of room!

I have the 32" Kromski and really like it.

If anyone can help…Is there a book that is most helpful or is it just easier to find videos and sources online?

Ok, it’s ordered! Now I get to wait on pins and needles!

I think the book by Betty Linn Davenport, Hands on Rigid Heddle Weaving is pretty good. I had it at one time. @Char can comment, she has also used it. Also, Ashford has a book on RH weaving called, what else, The Ashford Book of Rigid Heddle Weaving which is good but a little pricier than the Davenport book (used). I have an older version of that one. Here is my best advice on books. There is a website called bookfinder.com that I use to find all my books. You can find all new and used and if there is a deal out there it will find it. I always check that site first before I buy any hard copy books. Bon Weaving!!

Congrats on the new loom!!! I think I am as excited as you are!

I love the Hands On Rigid Heddle weaving. :slight_smile:

I also have Inventive Weaving on a Little Loom - the ebook version was inexpensive and helpful! :slight_smile:

Congratulations!!

Thank you so much for all the tips! @maryemilee that book finder site sounds like my kind of business! @Char, I also purchased the Melissa & Doug weaving frame that you suggested for the grand kids. I think I’m going to be able to use up a bunch of stash yarn!

So glad to have another weaver in our midst! Happy learning! You will have much fun, I’m sure!

While you are waiting, you can check out Liz Gipson and Kelly Cassanova on YouTube - maybe you have already! I think you made a good choice of looms, and will be up and running in no time.

@Carlota I have not been digging into videos yet because I know I will just forget. I figure once I get the loom then I will sit and learn hands on and watch the videos as I go. It is how I learned to knit as well. I love that I can stop, rewind, and figure things out at my own pace. Thanks so much for the tips, I am going to bookmark everything!

I Started on 10" Cricket and then got a 32 inch Ashford and then got a floor loom. I like both of my rigid heddle looms still but I don’t use them as much. I don’t know why because I could do nice kitchen towels on on the Ashford while I do something else on the floor loom. Either the 24 or 32 would be good for you. I don’t think you would be intimidated because you just might wind up wish you had a wider one one you get going.

Ok, I sat here this evening and put my new loom together. It wasn’t that hard but I wanted to wait for my husband to go work out of town so he didn’t try to home improve it. Now, it’s learning time!

20200708_205802.jpg

Oh I understand your reasoning so very well. But I got all excited when I saw your pic, now it’s just a matter of time before we see the next one. I’ve been amazed at how quickly people seemed to learn to weave. You’re going to knock it right out of the park @Rose the Rebel

Congratulations! I look forward to seeing all your projects!

Looks great!!! :slight_smile: what will the first project be? :slight_smile:

It looks fabulous! Enjoy this new way to be creative, I certainly am and I’ve only been doing this for a few months.

@maryemilee - I think that is the perfect word - bonded :slight_smile:

I had a little laugh at your reason for waiting on the loom assembly - got it! Now the fun begins!