Prizes for Spin de Fleece 2020!

Here are some of the prizes!!! :heart_eyes::eyes::eyes:

We will be giving away weekly prizes based on participation and then we will also have a grand prize for the person who spins every day of the Tour de France. We will do a drawing from the winners each time.

We will have different “jersey” awards, just like they do in the Tour de France and if we have extra prizes, we will toss them in here and there, maybe for consolation prizes.

So, here are a few of the prizes already donated, some from Fiberkind and some from members who are in the spinning contest. There are some lovely squishy fibers in here! If any of you happen to have some fiber you’d like to donate or anything else fiber related–it doesn’t have to be big (knitting markers, a 2-oz bump of fiber, etc.,) please let me know so we can add it to the list. The more prizes we have, the more fun it will be!

Our grand prize is the same as last year, a generous gift from our very own @fancykitty --a medium sized lap fiber blending palette! I’ve been to her shop and they make some really nice stuff! The teaser board is also from Fancy Kitty, compliments of yours truly. :slight_smile:

Thanks also to @Carlota and @Char (for FK) for their donations! (Carlota donated the Finn Radiance fiber and Char donated the Malabrigo Merino)

[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: il_340x270.2053169716_p0xb.jpg Views: 0 Size: 29.5 KB ID: 69252”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“69252”,“data-size”:“medium”}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: 20200825_143138.jpg Views: 0 Size: 48.9 KB ID: 69253”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“69253”,“data-size”:“medium”}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: 20200825_143156.jpg Views: 0 Size: 128.0 KB ID: 69254”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“69254”,“data-size”:“medium”}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: image_7802.jpg Views: 0 Size: 161.8 KB ID: 69255”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“69255”,“data-size”:“medium”}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: Annotation 2020-08-25 143950.png Views: 0 Size: 247.0 KB ID: 69256”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“69256”,“data-size”:“medium”}[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:“Click image for larger version Name: s663581918498768889_p16_i3_w160.jpeg Views: 0 Size: 12.4 KB ID: 69257”,“data-align”:“none”,“data-attachmentid”:“69257”,“data-size”:“medium”}[/ATTACH] Grand Prize!!

FiberKind will donate one of our totes. :slight_smile:

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:69277}[/ATTACH]

Thank you, @Char for that donation! What a cool prize!

You are quite welcome! :fk:

So…I might have ordered an extra one of these knitting gauges for a prize when I went into the Akerworks site to order one of their bobbins and ended up slipping one of those gauges into my cart as well. Not sure how that 2nd one got in there, but it did, so I’ll have to give it away! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::sunglasses: Be sure and show up each week to spin since you never know if you might win one!
[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“data-attachmentid”:69667}[/ATTACH]
[IMG2=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“full”,“src”:“http://fiberkind.com/image/gif;base64,R0lGODlhAQABAPABAP///wAAACH5BAEKAAAALAAAAAABAAEAAAICRAEAOw==”}[/IMG2]​

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:“none”,“data-size”:“medium”,“data-attachmentid”:73072}[/ATTACH]
I have a late addition for prizes: 1 braid of Malabrigo Nube in the Arco Iris colorway…it’s sooooo soft!

Thank you so much!! If we have extra prizes, we’ll do extra drawings at end of the event. Do you have a photo of it?

oops, forgot to attach

I LOVE it!

So cool–all the prizes have been awarded and absolutely EVERYONE who participated received a prize!! Okay, we added 3 more prizes in, but how cool is that??? Thanks to ALL of you for your participation to make this 2nd Annual Spin de Fleece a success. Enjoy the results of your labor and your prizes.

Also, PLEASE let me know if you didn’t receive a prize at some point in this event–we don’t want anyone left out. Also, please don’t forget to order a memorial button from @PurlgirlButtons to memorialize this event! She has created some really nice ones in her Etsy store. I know I’m ordering one and maybe one with last year’s date as well.

Thank you so much @rkennell and @Char for making this Spin de Fleece such a fun and motivating event and to everyone for sharing their spinning.

You’re so welcome and I so appreciate your help–you put in a lot of time and effort in encouraging others and commenting, as well as turning out some serious yarn yourself, not to mention your fiber donation. We couldn’t have done it without you!

@rkennel It was my pleasure and a ton of fun!